Dean of the Graduate School of Business
- Touro College
- New York, NY
Touro College seeks a visionary, collaborative, entrepreneurial, inspiring and dynamic leader to serve as Dean of the Graduate School of Business in Manhattan, NY. This is an unprecedented opportunity to lead a school of business at a critical juncture in its evolution and to advance, grow, and expand innovative programs which will position Touro as a leader in the business of healthcare management and administration. For this opportunity, Touro seeks outstanding candidates who have a drive to achieve ambitious goals and an entrepreneurial approach to achieving success.
Touro College is America’s largest private institution of higher and professional education under Jewish auspices. Chartered by the Board of Regents of the State of New York, the College welcomed its first 35 students in the Liberal Arts and Sciences in 1971. Today, with 95,000 alumni and enrolling over 19,000 students a year, Touro College and University System (TCUS) offers education in a broad range of disciplines, including business, law, social work, Jewish Studies and technology. Since its inception, Touro has served and supported diverse communities, making world-class educational opportunities accessible to all members of society, across all races, nations, and creeds.
In coordination with College leadership and the Deans from other schools, the Dean is responsible for strengthening the individual programs of the School and for enhancing interdisciplinary collaboration and integration among appropriate disciplines of the College. The Dean of the Graduate School of Business is responsible for the academic, personnel, strategic, financial, and administrative operations of the School. The Dean is also responsible for communicating the vision and goals of the School to community and professional constituencies. The Dean is expected to build partnerships with alumni and the business community, and to seek supplemental financial support for both new and existing programs. The Dean will contribute to enrollment strategy through participation in events and by ensuring relevant, vibrant academic programs at the Graduate School of Business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualified candidates should have a graduate or professional degree in a relevant field. An earned doctorate from an accredited university, preferably in a business field is preferred. Substantial non-academic experience may be considered where a candidate does not have the preferred terminal degree. Also required are credentials showing a record of teaching, research and service commensurate with an appointment at the rank of associate or full professor is preferred.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following capabilities and attributes:
- A track record of entrepreneurial, transformative leadership that inspires and encourages faculty, staff, and students to a commit to a unified, strategic vision;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen to diverse voices and to articulate vision and inspire individuals both internally and externally;
- Experience with accrediting bodies and/or assessing academic programs and using assessment results to ensure innovation and high quality in existing programs as well as to develop new programs and degree offerings in person and online;
- Commitment to student success with a diverse student body, and the ability to mentor faculty, staff, and students;
- Evidence of a strong commitment to excellent teaching and scholarship;
- Commitment to supporting the use of technology to enhance student learning;
- Demonstrated success in cultivating and sustaining strong relationships with external constituents in the business community;
- Experience supporting cultivation and/or philanthropic efforts with alumni, donors, partnerships, and grants;
- An ability to work effectively with faculty, students, staff, community stakeholders and partners to advance the School’s mission; and
- Experience in the design and continuous implementation of the strategic planning process.
Touro College has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to assist in this search. Please submit applications, expressions of interest, and nominations to Amy Sugin and Josyanne Roche here.
Touro College treats all employees, students, and applicants without unlawful consideration or discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation, gender identity or citizen status in all decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, the administration of its educational programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission, matriculation, and employment.
Inquiries or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policies should be sent to the Chief Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and 646-565-6000 x55330.
As an alternative, individuals may contact the Office for Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education for inquiries concerning the above. The Office for Civil Rights is located at 32 Old Slip, 26th Floor, New York, New York 10005. They may be reached by phone at (646) 428-3800 or via email at OCR.NewYork@ed.gov.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, institutions of higher education and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information, visit www.koyapartners.com.
More search results
Director of Admissions
University of Mississippi
Assistant/Associate Professor - Clinical Track in…
University of California, Los Angeles
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ROME
Associate Provost of Research & Innovation
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Associate Director, Margo Souza Leadership Center
University of California, Merced