Director for the Division of Gerontology
- University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Baltimore, Maryland
An Invitation to Apply for the Position of
Director for the Division of Gerontology, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health
School of Medicine
University of Maryland, Baltimore
The University of Maryland School of Medicine seeks an associate or full professor to lead the Division of Gerontology in the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health to advance ground-breaking research in gerontology. The Division Director will draw on outstanding campus resources to accelerate growth of an interdisciplinary, translational gerontology research program of excellence.
Its nationally and internationally recognized strengths in aging make the School of Medicine a national leader in gerontology and geriatrics. With multiple NIH awards in aging, the School is home to:
- The Center for Research on Aging and its 9 Centers of Excellence in aging, including:
- Baltimore Hip Studies;
- VAMC-funded Gerontology Research, Education, and Clinical Center (GRECC);
- NIH-funded Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center;
- Center for Biology and Behavior Across the Life Span;
- Nutrition Obesity Research Center (NORC);
- Program in Aging, Trauma and Emergency Care;
- Peter Lamy Center for Drug Therapy and Aging;
- Center for Aging Studies at UMBC;
- Gerontology and Geriatrics Education and Research Program.
- Superb collaborative opportunities with faculty from the Schools of Pharmacy, Nursing, Dentistry, Social Work, and Law, and the University of Maryland Medical Center and Veterans Affairs Medical Center on the UMB health campus, and the nationally recognized University of Maryland Health System.
The director will be expected to bring national vision and leadership to the Division of Gerontology, and mobilize and coordinate scientists whose interdisciplinary research benefits older people and attracts funding to build the division.
The successful candidate for the position will be a national leader with a PhD and/or MD and significant experience conducting and fostering interdisciplinary research, a record of extramural research funding, and demonstrated leadership capabilities.
UMB has retained Isaacson, Miller, a national executive search firm based in Boston, to conduct the recruitment of this position. Confidential inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed to the search firm:
Dr. Daniel Rodas, Partner
Liz Vago, Managing Associate
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
VICE CHANCELLOR FOR ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT AND STU…
Purdue University Northwest
Director of Marketing
Princeton University Press
MNO Visiting Professor #53824
Southern Methodist University
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Finance
Michigan State University
Assistant Instructor / Instructor
Michigan State University