Assistant, Associate or Full Professor of Accounting
- The W. A. Franke College of Business at Northern Arizona Universit
- Northern Arizona University
- Commensurate with experience
- Northern Arizona University
The W. A. Franke College of Business (FCB) is seeking applications for a tenure-track or tenured position in Accounting with a starting date of August 2019.
- Doctorate in accounting from an AACSB-accredited institution at the time of appointment; ABDs will be considered but the doctorate must be completed at the time the faculty appointment begins;
- Stated interest in teaching graduate and upper-level financial accounting (U.S. GAAP) courses, and, experience in teaching as shown by provision of student evaluations -
- for the Assistant Professor position, one year of experience,
- for the Associate Professor position, five years of full-time experience, and
- for the Full Professor position, ten years of full-time experience;
- Meet scholarly academic qualification requirements in accordance with FCB and AACSB guidelines (http://www.aacsb.edu/accreditation/business/standards/2013/academic-and-professional-engagement/standard15.asp);
- An active research agenda targeting refereed journals consistent with NAU faculty appointment criteria
- Accounting background, as evidence by
- significant accounting coursework at the undergraduate and/or masters level; or
- professional accounting work experience;
- Professional accounting certification;
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching undergraduate or graduate level financial accounting;
- Demonstrated success in, and continuing commitment to, publication of scholarly work;
- Demonstrated ability or desire to work with other faculty to create and implement innovative curricula and learning approaches;
- Evidence of, or potential for, excellence in working with diverse constituencies;
- For consideration for the FCB Endowed Professorship in Accounting, the candidate must have a demonstrated research history and agenda that substantially advances the accounting discipline.
To apply for this position go to http://www.nau.edu/careers (Position # 603862). Your application must be submitted on line to be reviewed and should include a single attachment that contains (1) a cover letter addressing the job description and preferred qualifications, (2) a current vita, (3) recent teaching evaluations (if applicable) and (4) contact information of at least five professional references including mailing and email addresses and phone numbers.
Save all items, in the order stated, and attach them in a single PDF or Word document.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Affirmative Action Office at 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Any questions about the position should be addressed to Kay Pinto, Building Manager of The W. A. Franke College of Business, 928-523-7343, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples. Form A-1 Revised 2/05
More search results
Tenure Track Professor (All Ranks Considered), Ma…
University of California, Los Angeles
Dean and Director
The Ohio State University at Lima
Director for the Division of Gerontology
University of Maryland, Baltimore
Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School
The University of Texas at San Antonio
University of the Arts