- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Baltimore, MD
The Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA), located in Baltimore, Maryland, seeks an exceptional and collaborative leader for the position of Associate Vice President for Human Resources (AVP). Reporting to the Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, the AVP will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and management of all aspects of the human resources function across the institution, help drive the culture of change, and make meaningful contributions throughout the MICA community. Working collaboratively with leaders across the campus, the AVP will oversee an effective and responsive Human Resources (HR) operation and develop strategic programs and innovative practices in support of the College’s mission and long-term strategic goals. The AVP will also serve as the EEO Officer and Title IX Coordinator and sit on the President’s Council.
The successful candidate will have the following experiences, capabilities, and attributes:
- Be an experienced and strategic Human Resources practitioner who has a strong understanding of HR best practices and a has a proven record of visionary leadership;
- Have the ability to lead with both a decisive and consultative style, foster open communications, and proactively build positive relationships with faculty, staff, and students;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to collegiality, mutual respect, and inclusiveness; act in a fair, flexible, honest, trustworthy, and ethical manner at all times. In all instances, build an organization that honors confidentiality and earns trust;
- Be articulate in written and oral communications and be able to relate to people at all levels of an organization; be a team player who operates with transparency and fosters trust and collaboration within the organization;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Have the ability to be a change agent and an innovative and forward-thinking leader who can think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans;
- Possess strong negotiation skills in order to formulate policies and programs and arrive collaboratively at solutions with stakeholders;
- Demonstrate strong planning, organizational, administrative, supervisory, and budget-management skills; and the ability to deal effectively with a wide range of audiences including faculty, staff, students, job applicants, and outside organizations;
- Experience leading talent recruitment and retention initiatives. Success in building a “best in class” talent management and development process which actively invests in high-potential talent identified through a disciplined performance management and succession planning process;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Advanced degree preferred;
- Senior Professional in Human Resources () certification is preferred; and
- Higher education experience and an appreciation for the arts are highly desirable.
Mo Lashendock, Principal, and Josyanne Roche, Consultant, of Koya Leadership Partners have been retained to assist MICA in this search. To express your interest in this role, please submit your materials, including your letter of interest and resume here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
MICA is an equal opportunity employer. As an educational institution dedicated to individual development in the visual arts, MICA nurtures, supports, and celebrates diversity in all of its forms, including aesthetic, cultural, and philosophical. MICA does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, socio-economic status, and marital status. This requires the College to develop and maintain a diverse community of trustees, administration, staff, faculty, and students, and that diversity is a fundamental philosophic value that informs the content of all of its programs and activities. MICA’s commitment to diversity prepares its graduates to excel professionally and assume leadership roles in a global context.
More search results
Faculty Positions - Harvard Business School
Director for College and Career Advising
University of Oregon, Office of Academic Advising
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, PROVOST, AND DEAN OF TH…
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS MEDICAL BRANCH
Associate Vice President, Strategic Planning and …
Anne Arundel Community College
Horticulture Outreach Program Manager
University of Wisconsin-Extension