HVAC Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration, Full-time Instructor
- Mott Community College
- Flint, MI
Mott Community College (MCC), in mid-Michigan, is widely known for its innovation and excellence, and has been recognized by the Aspen Institute's College Excellence Program as one of the country's Top 150 community colleges. This success is fostered by MCC's mission to provide high quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities in a multicultural community.
MCC has an opening for an enthusiastic full-time Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration faculty member to teach in MCC's highly successful Technology Division. The Division provides a supportive, collaborative environment, with highly professional faculty and staff.
Mott is looking for someone that can provide engaging, enthusiastic instruction in a variety of areas. We are pursuing someone with strong technical knowledge and experience and the ability to engage students and provide them with the skills to excel in the industry.
MCC is located within the beautiful and thriving College/Cultural district which is home to a group of nationally-recognized cultural institutions in the fields of arts, sciences and humanities. While the Flint/Genesee County area remains at the center of the auto industry, it has developed into a college town with more than five higher learning institutions consisting of 34,000 students and numerous "top 10" degree programs. Ideally situated approximately 50 miles north of Detroit and at the crossroads of Interstate 75 north-south and Interstate 69 east-west, MCC is close to boating, hunting, fishing, skiing, snowboarding, golfing and many other kinds of outdoor recreational activities available within the Great Lakes state.
The College does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran's status, age, disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Title IX Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC-2030G), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0024. Title II, ADA, Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Curtice-Mott Complex (CM-1024), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762.0373. Section 504 Coordinator Contact Information; 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC-1130), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0191.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Bachelor's Degree or higher in HVAC, Mechanical, Technology, Mechanical Engineering or a related field with a HVAC related Associate's Degree OR a minimum of 30 credit hours in HVAC related courses; OR, Associates Degree in HVAC and a Journeyman's license in HVAC, a minimum of ten years work experience in the field, and an understanding that the Bachelor's degree must be completed within three years of hire date. Bachelor's Degree must be from an accredited institution.*
2. Two (2) years of (full-time equivalency) practical experience needed in residential/commercial ACHR.
3. Understanding of and commitment to community college teaching, mission and philosophy.
4. Innovative, flexible and positive teaching style and understanding the needs of students from diverse backgrounds.
5. Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
6. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
7. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
8. Technology Skills: Ability to integrate computer applications into teaching.
9. Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and college objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain collegial relationships with students, peers, staff, and administrators; skill in oral and written communication.
- A foreign degree must be certified, at the candidate's expense, by a professional evaluation service.
More search results
VICE CHANCELLOR FOR ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT AND STU…
Purdue University Northwest
Director of Marketing
Princeton University Press
MNO Visiting Professor #53824
Southern Methodist University
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Finance
Michigan State University
Assistant Instructor / Instructor
Michigan State University