Finance Manager (Budget and Finance)
- CUNY Hunter College
- New York, NY
Finance Manager (Budget and Finance)
Job ID: 18849
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Hunter College, located in the heart of Manhattan, is the largest college in the City University of New York (CUNY). Founded in 1870, it is also one of the oldest public colleges in the country. More than 23,000 students currently attend Hunter, pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 170 areas of study.
The Department of Budget and Finance, within the Division of Administration, supports the College’s academic goals and research and fosters student engagement and success through the effective management of the College’s resources, assets and business affairs.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance and Business Operations, the duties of the Finance Manager encompass primary responsibility for monitoring the College’s expense and revenue budget, including the following activities:
• Oversees the technical and programmatic budgetary activities;
• Research and administer special projects such as reviewing expenditures and allocations for the College's seasonal budget, given deadlines and time frames;
• Liaison with external finance and budgetary stakeholders
• Estimate fiscal impact of management decisions and City, State, and Federal policies;
• Identify and recommend solutions to operational issues with fiscal impact;
• Review ongoing fiscal requests and formulate appropriate recommendations;
• Manager and expedite all budget modifications and College restructuring or enhancement proposals, ensuring compliance with approved financial plans and cost effective techniques;
• Evaluates and prepares the quarterly expense and revenue financial plans; Review and monitor cost containment programs.
• Evaluate the impact of Federal and State budget policies and legislative proposals;
• Liaise with other finance staff to ensure completion of tasks and duties.
• In the absence of the Executive Director, may oversee the Finance and Business operations.
Bachelor’s degree and six years’ related experience required.
• Must have exceptional organizational, research, and analytic skills;
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including general presentation and financial reporting;
• Able to set and meet pressured deadlines to satisfy budget and financial plan preparation, update and reporting requirements; and to manage multiple, often-competing priorities.
• Must also be reliable and a self-motivator with the ability to collaborate and motivate others.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Manages the financial activities of a College or major program.
- Advises management regarding funding appropriateness and proposes fiscal solutions to resolve academic and/or administrative issues
- Develops and recommends policies and controls to assure the responsible use of resources
- Supports strategic planning processes; assesses outcomes and makes recommendations regarding resource allocations
- Prepares and manages production of statistical/analytical reports pertinent to financial and operational activities
- Assists in developing budgeting policies and procedures, and interprets University-wide policy
- Liaisons with auditors and other internal and external agencies as necessary
- May negotiate contracts
- May hire, supervise and train finance and/or clerical staff and manage related administrative functions
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website ( http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html or www2.cuny.edu/employment ) and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Postings, under Employment Opportunities, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID then click Search. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
CUNY is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Director of Admissions
University of Mississippi
Assistant/Associate Professor - Clinical Track in…
University of California, Los Angeles
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ROME
Associate Provost of Research & Innovation
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Associate Director, Margo Souza Leadership Center
University of California, Merced