NTS Faculty Position - Professional Institute - Cybersecurity
- University of Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15260
The University of Pittsburgh School of Computing and Information is seeking leaders in the field of Cybersecurity to help launch a professional education program focused on providing working information professionals with cutting edge skills and knowledge in Information Security/Privacy and Enterprise Security Management.
A Full-time faculty position as Professor of Practice (Position #0136752) is available for experienced security professionals to design a curriculum that addresses the technological, policy, legal, ethical, and criminal aspects of protecting data, systems, networks, and organizations. The institute will appeal to those who need to enhance/update their skills and competencies in:
- Developing and securing enterprise and network systems
- Preventing vulnerabilities, addressing threats, and stopping attacks
- Penetration testing & incident response
- Risk analysis, management and mitigation
- Implementing secure e-commerce systems
- Security management & digital forensics
- Cybersecurity policy and privacy regulation
- Ethics and policy in cyberspace
Job responsibilities will include assisting the School of Computing and Information with course/curriculum design, evaluation, teaching, student recruitment, and corporate outreach.
Potential candidates must have 5+ years in industry with increasingly responsible positions in information and system security. Experience as an instructor is a plus. For these positions, a Master's in Information Science or Computer Science is strongly preferred; however, a Bachelor degree in Information Science or Computer Science – with commensurate professional experience – will be considered.
The anticipated start date is Summer 2018.
Application Instructions Individuals interested in these openings may apply at http://www.sci.pitt.edu/recruiting. Those interested in applying must submit
- a cover letter indicating the position for which you are applying and a brief explanation of how your interests align to the position
- a curriculum vitae/resume
- the names of at least four recommenders
Questions about the search and/or application status should be emailed to email@example.com.
The University of Pittsburgh is an EEO/AA/M/F/VET/ Disabled.
More search results
Associated Colleges of the South
Director of Advising for the College of Natural S…
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, SAN BERNARDINO
DEAN, COLLEGE OF ENGINNERING
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Dean of the Kania School of Management
University of Scranton
The Herbert Simon Family Dean of IUPUI University…
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis