Applications Support Specialist IT (Hybrid)
- The Claremont Colleges Services
- Claremont, California
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS with a staff of 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and almost 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campus in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Information Technology department of The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) seeks a skilled, personable, and customer-oriented computer professional for the position of Applications Support Specialist.
The Applications Support Specialist works within a collaborative team in The Claremont College Services IT (TCCS IT) for the purpose of providing support and analysis for enterprise applications provided internally and to the member institutions of The Claremont Colleges (TCC). This role assists in the operational maintenance and coordination for all enterprise applications while maintaining appropriate communication with all stakeholders involved. The Applications Support Specialist contributes to process improvement efforts by gathering and analyzing data for both administrative and technical purposes.
- Support and maintain all TCCS enterprise applications.
- Troubleshoot system and software issues and apply patches or upgrades as necessary.
- Evaluate existing enterprise application and services for needed changes and improvements.
- Analyze data from a variety of sources to develop reports for capacity planning, service inquiries, troubleshooting, and other relevant needs.
- Provide documentation regarding processes and procedures related to project delivery, releases testing, and ongoing operational support.
- Participate in a team environment to complete project timelines and goals.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate in a high-performance team environment.
- Contribute to diverse and cross-functional teams, including teams with members from across The Claremont Colleges or teams with members from external organizations.
- Coordinate and interacts with application vendors for service and support needs in the TCCS IT integrations of enterprise software.
Work Schedule: The regular hours for this full-time position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. You may be required to work holiday, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the organization or business unit.
Pay : The monthly salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with the duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the position, from $5,833 to $7,500 per month.
Benefits : We are delighted to offer a comprehensive employment benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and vision health plans,
- 10% retirement contributions (no matching required),
- tuition benefits for employees and their dependents,
- $50,000 group life insurance,
- generous time off,
- professional development funds,
- discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment,
- access to fitness facilities.
- and more!
For more information about our benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/ . Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
You have an inquisitive mind, are resourceful, enjoy taking initiative, demonstrate perseverance, and are motivated by new challenges and opportunities for growth. You know how to maintain composure in high-pressure situations and are able to express yourself tactfully and with empathy. You have a conscientious attitude and genuinely care about your work, your team, and your customers.
Education and Experience : You have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a related field and at least two (2) years of full-time experience (or the equivalent in a part-time position) supporting and maintaining information systems in a professional work environment. Your experience must include the following:
- providing excellent customer service, and
- working at an institution of higher education.
In addition, you:
- Ability to communicate in English to audiences with a wide variety of technical aptitude and understanding.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information and data.
- Familiarity using operating systems such as Microsoft Windows or MacOS.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with various business processes.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, such as system logs, for troubleshooting and reporting.
Applications are only accepted through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers .
Additional Materials : Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload in order to complete your application:
- Cover Letter (Preferred): Briefly, describe how this position this position fits into your career goals.
Professional References: Applicants who are selected to move forward in consideration will be required to provide the names of at least three (3) individuals who can speak to the professional qualifications of the applicant.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TCCS_Careers/job/Claremont/Applications-Support-Specialist---Information-Technology--Hybrid-_REQ-5580
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Tenure-track Faculty - UCLA Department of Computa…
UCLA Department of Computational Medicine
Dean of Professional and Continuing Education (Pa…
University of California, Santa Barbara
Assistant Professor - Computer Engineering, Elect…
California Polytechnic State University, Noyce School of Applied Computing
Open Rank Faculty Positions in Engineering
University of California Los Angeles
Health & Wellness Receptionist (9 Months Annually…
The Claremont Colleges Services