Assistant Professor of Music Performance (Woodwinds, Brass, or Percussion)
The Department of Music at Emory University (Atlanta, Georgia) invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor (tenure-track) of Music Performance (Woodwinds, Brass, or Percussion). We seek to diversify and expand our undergraduate, liberal arts performance program through the addition of a new faculty member.
The successful candidate:
- will hold a doctoral degree in music or equivalent professionalexperience
- will be an active performer with a distinguished career as a performing artist the national and/or international level as manifested by professional performances, recordings, highly-visible collaborations, and related research activity
- will be committed to promoting a learning and research environment advances diversity, equity, andinclusion
- will be expected to pursue an artistic and scholarly agenda compatible with goals of a major research university while demonstrating the requisite artistic vision and administrative skills to guide the Wind Studiesarea
- will be committed to fostering performance as a mode of inquiry within liberal arts and to university-wideengagement
- will play an active role in the musical and intellectual life of the Department working closely and collaboratively withcolleagues
The candidate will teach two courses per semester in areas including (but not limited to) coaching and/or conducting ensembles and applied music. Desirable attributes include (but are not limited to) a record of ensemble coaching and/or conducting experience, innovative programming of diverse styles/composers, successful college teaching experience, and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary liberal arts community.
Apply to: http://apply.interfolio.com/131904