Provost/Executive Vice President (Academic Affairs)
Champions innovation, a positive workplace, and a collaborative leadership approach for the Academic Affairs function of the Coconino Community College District. Serves as the Chief Academic Officer with a leadership focus on student learning and support programs across the district. Reports directly to the College President & CEO. Areas of supervision include the instructional divisions of Arts and Sciences, Career and Technical Education, the Page Instructional Site, Fourth Street Innovation Center, Curriculum Development, Assessment of Student Learning, Online Learning, Accreditation, and other related functions. This position serves as a member of the College executive leadership team and may act on behalf of the College President in the President's absence as needed. This is a full-time, 12-month, benefit-eligible position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Executive Vice President (CFO), Vice President of Student Services, and Executive Director of Human Resources to foster a college culture where all employees work collaboratively to achieve the common goal of excellence in education.
- Models professionalism, embraces diversity, and inspires others to sustain the Coconino Community College District as a great place to work.
- Is a member of the Executive Leadership team (Executive Council) of the College and maintains an institutional overview in planning and decision-making through shared governance. Collaborates with College-wide leadership for strategic and operational planning.
- Helps construct organizational goals and plans and communicates these to the Academic Affairs divisions.
- Supervises and provides leadership and mentoring to direct reports in Academic Affairs.
- Advises and makes detailed presentations to the District Governing Board, the College President, other College constituents, and community members on matters of College and state-wide interest, and program development.
- Serves as the Chief Academic Officer. Develops and ensures implementation of strategies for teaching and learning along with objectives for improvement that are shared with academic leadership and faculty.
- Demonstrates support for and engages in a learning-centered "one-college" philosophy.
- Establishes long-term strategic goals and objectives, as well as program outcomes and assessment strategies.
- Leads the process for new program development in order to meet the needs of students and the communities served by the college.
- Coordinates College curriculum development to create a student-centered curriculum and services.
- Promotes and provides innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Provides leadership and guidance to instructional technology and distance education program development and implementation.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and mentoring to all Academic Affairs faculty and staff with regard to College mission, vision, goals, and strategic plans. Engages them in the furtherance and achievement of strategic objectives.
Legal, Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Compliance, and Data Stewardship
- Responsible for leading the College through the Higher Learning Commission accreditation process.
- Develops, implements, and updates policies and procedures for functional areas and related departments to assure compliance with federal and state laws and accreditation standards.
- Measures the performance in areas of accreditation, reports, and acts upon findings to make improvements, assure compliance, and achieve strategic objectives. This includes creating assessment plans, analyzing and applying the results of surveys, updating procedures, revising goals and objectives, and communicating changes to affected parties.
- Ensures a collaborative, positive, and student learning-focused workplace.
- Makes hiring and termination recommendations, conducts performance evaluations, and carries out disciplinary actions when necessary. Oversees the supervision and evaluation of faculty and staff in areas of the report and recommends faculty hiring and dismissal.
- Displays the importance of life-long learning and encourages others to seek professional development and utilize best practices for teaching, learning, and higher education.
- Allocates the necessary human and fiscal resources to further strategic objectives. This includes developing, monitoring, and approving budgetary expenditures.
- Champions a best-place-to-work philosophy in all activities.
- Maintains existing and cultivates new connections with education and community partners. Represents the areas of supervision in college-wide, state, regional, and national committees.
- Participates in community service by serving on appropriate boards, etc.
- Embraces the diversity of Coconino County in a positive and collaborative manner.
Performs other duties as assigned by the President