Dean, Liberal Arts
- North Central State College
- Mansfield, OH
Dean, Liberal Arts
North Central State College is accepting applications for Dean, Liberal Arts. The Dean reports to the Vice President of Academics. North Central State College is a public, 2-year institution of higher education located in Mansfield, Ohio, serving approximately 3,000 students. The College is committed to providing comprehensive associate degree programs, certificate programs, customized business and industry training, non-credit courses and other educational and community services to the North Central Ohio area. Programs and services are based on student and community needs, and are focused on access to and success in higher education for attainment of students' educational, personal, and career goals.
Scope of Position:
Develops intermediate- and long-range plans for instructional programs in the division to ensure consistency with the College's strategic plan and community's needs, and that they conform to standards for high-quality content and effective pedagogy. Builds relationships in the community, develops professional contacts, and forms strategic alliances to foster the College's growth, vitality, relevance, and reputation. Provides leadership for the development of positive, supportive relationships within the division. Directs Assistant Dean in the day-to-day management of the human, financial, and physical resources of the division.
- Articulate the College's vision of academic distinction, instructional excellence, student retention, and student satisfaction. Participates in the general leadership and direction of the College.
- Ensure quality learning experiences for students through continuous assessment of processes, programs, curricula, and courses through regular evaluation of classroom and laboratory experiences represented in evaluations prepared by Assistant Dean and program directors, as well as direct observation.
- Direct and organize division-wide educational planning and program development in accordance with the mission, goals, and objectives of the College and division while supporting state and national initiatives.
- Facilitate the establishment and evaluation of goals and objectives for the division and its programs.
- Monitor Ohio Board of Regents, accrediting bodies, and licensing boards for guidelines and requirements.
- Direct and supervise all curriculum development, assessment activities, program/service reviews and necessary reporting to various outside agencies.
- Plan and direct the development of new programs and expansion, modification or phase out of existing programs, as appropriate for the College and the communities it serves.
- Provide technical information and assistance to the Chief Academic Officer regarding instructional services, budgets, facilities, planning, activities, needs, and issues.
- Oversee the evaluation of transcripts, prerequisite waivers, course substitutions, and graduation audits.
- Develop articulation agreements and transfer programs with other colleges.
- Recruit, supervise, and evaluate Assistant Dean and division administrative staff, and participate in the selection of full-time faculty. Review/approve evaluations and professional development planning of all full-time and adjunct faculty members. Ensure thorough review and feedback to Assistant Dean that evaluations are consistent, timely, and effective in supporting excellence in instruction and student support.
- Plan, develop, and maintain annual budgets for the division.
- Oversee the development of effective and efficient schedules by Assistant Dean.
- Monitor workflow and paper flow in the division to ensure optimal responsiveness to student needs.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with all segments of the College in a participatory governance environment.
- Maintain leadership example of and provide mentoring in open and positive communication, effective problem resolution, and strong relationship building for staff, faculty, and students.
- Support the timely and equitable resolution of student and faculty grievances, problems, and/or complaints.
- Act as a liaison between the division and College by participating and taking a leadership role in the College's committees and communicating matters of importance to the division.
- Act as a College representative in professional organizations, community activities, and meetings with state agencies and representatives.
- Participate in strategies for recruitment of students and enrollment management.
- Develop and maintain plans for program promotion in collaboration with Assistant Dean, faculty, and public relations plans.
- Serve as a liaison between the Vice President of Academics, Assistant Dean, staff, and faculty members in the division.
- Act as a liaison among faculty, students, and employers to establish practicums, internships, apprenticeships and/or clinical sites for education experiences.
- Manage the assessment process for student learning outcomes at the institutional level.
- Assist the Chief Academic Officer and Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Analytics and Planning, in developing, submitting and managing all reporting for compliance and regulatory materials necessary for the Department of Education, Higher Learning Commission, Ohio Department of Higher Education, as well as any programmatic accreditors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Master's degree in a discipline within the division. PhD preferred.
- Experience: Three (3) years administrative experience, preferably in higher education. Three (3) years teaching experience at post-secondary level. Thorough working knowledge of program areas. Leadership skills necessary to lead faculty and staff members within a team management environment.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package that includes health/dental/vision insurance, state retirement system, tuition remission, and much more.
Please express your interest in this position by submitting a letter of application and resume to:
NORTH CENTRAL STATE COLLEGE
Attention: Human Resources
2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, OH 44906
You may also apply online at: https://www.ncstatecollege.edu/cms/jobs
Resumes will be reviewed beginning 8/13/18 and until filled.
North Central State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution. We value campus diversity and demonstrate this in campus initiatives. We particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Director of Admissions
University of Mississippi
Assistant/Associate Professor - Clinical Track in…
University of California, Los Angeles
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ROME
Associate Provost of Research & Innovation
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Associate Director, Margo Souza Leadership Center
University of California, Merced