Associate Dean for Administration and Finance
- CUNY School of Professional Studies
- New York, NY
Associate Dean for Administration and Finance
Job ID: 19017
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. Now with 25 degree programs, 18 of them fully online, it has become the chief provider of online degrees at CUNY. Affirming its leadership in online education, CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2018 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
The fastest growing School in CUNY, with enrollments increasing by over 30% in the last three years, CUNY SPS has over 3,400 students in its degree programs. The School has also seen unprecedented growth in its non-credit programs, with a portfolio of grant funded programs currently accounting for over $20 million. The School has an engaged Student Association, an active Alumni Association, and the CUNY SPS Foundation offers students an array of scholarship opportunities.
Reporting to the Dean, and serving as a key advisor, the Associate Dean for Administration and Finance provides vision, leadership, and administrative oversight for a portfolio that includes Budget & Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Bursar, Public Safety, and Facilities, each directed by an experienced manager. The Associate Dean is responsible for implementing best business practices and procedures to streamline and enhance the administrative and fiscal services of the School in order to support the School’s core mission, strategic plan, and efforts towards becoming an independent college within the University system.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
The preferred candidate will demonstrate:
• A minimum of ten (10) years of commensurate leadership experience in progressively responsible senior level positions;
• An advanced degree in a related field;
• Fiscal management and a proven capacity to lead a wide variety of financing and revenue-generating techniques;
• Familiarity with New York State operational and capital budgeting practices;
• Knowledge of operations, finance, and capital processes; as well as an understanding of funding and resource allocation processes within City and State government;
• Experience related to higher education;
• Proven communication skills;
• Proven leadership skills by developing and using effective strategies and interpersonal styles to influence and guide others to accomplish desired outcomes;
• Proven team building skills by developing strong, competent teams; leveraging unique capabilities of staff to maximize efficiency; promoting respect for differences and diversity; managing to achieve operational and strategic objectives;
• A commitment to transparency and application of ethical practices;
• Experience with planning and deploying strategic initiatives;
• Experience with change management.
Professional School Associate Dean
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select Apply Now and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
August 10, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Section Chair - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
University of California, Los Angeles
Assistant Professor of Studio Art (Photography)
Southern Methodist University
Dean of the Graduate School & Associate Vice Pres…
Betty T. Asher
Assistant Professor; Grape Disease Ecology and Ep…
Associate/Full Professor Accounting - Director of…
UW-Milwaukee Lubar School of Business