- Temple College
- 2600 S 1st St, Temple, TX 76504
The following duties, responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s), and physical requirements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The information listed below is not intended to be construed as a complete listing of all duties, responsibilities, KSA’s, and physical requirements required of this position since changes to the position may occur at any time or additional requirements that may be added over the course of time.
The President is responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction for the College by working with the Board, faculty, and staff to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies. The President is responsible for all operations of the College.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The President will:
- Provide visionary leadership that includes a strong focus on student achievement, completion, and success.
- Project a personal/charismatic presence in the Central Texas area as the face of the college and as a representative of the overall community by attending a wide array of college and community events and actively participating in or leading a variety of college and community activities or endeavors.
- Work toward development of additional funding sources for the expansion of college programs possibly including expansion of the college’s tax base.
- Provide strong guidance and support to the outlying campus centers with a particular focus on the Taylor and Hutto communities including close attention to equity issues involving financial support and adjunct instructors.
- Accentuate the college’s mission and message to constituents by highlighting the various programs and opportunities that are available at the college.
- Participate in the development of the college’s Master Plan and programs.
- Develop long and short term strategic plans for the college.
- Advise the Board, faculty, and staff on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory action.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction in the forecasting, development, and management of the college’s budget by placing emphasis on the college’s fiscal function and performance.
- Employ a data driven decision making approach to issues affecting the college by utilizing Zogotech and Ellucian (Datatel) software.
- Lead and provide guidance to all employees involved in the college’s accreditation processes.
- Communicate and work closely with city, county, state, and federal legislators and their staff regarding legislation that affects the college or legislation the college may have an influence.
- Be versed and provide leadership in contemporary technological methods which includes social media.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the college.
- Cultivate an understanding of all employees and the special challenges they face in their respective positions.
- Promote internal professional development that will allow employees the opportunity to advance their career.
- Understand, respect, value, support, and encourage a significantly diverse student body, staff, community, and service area.
- Work toward continuous cooperation and collaboration with area Independent School Districts with a special emphasis on dual-credit opportunities for students in career technology and general education courses.
- Develop and enhance effective collaborations with business and industry, colleges and universities, hospital groups and associated institutions, and other local, civic, governmental, and area partners.
- Lead, coordinate, and participate in the ongoing development of Health Sciences programs.
- Develop and enhance the partnerships between four (4) year institutions and the college by augmenting the current and anticipated course offerings and expanding the infrastructure to accommodate these needs.
- Develop plans to enhance student enrollment both within and outside of the taxing district.
- Promote services for military veterans within the area and create a supportive atmosphere that enhances the opportunities that are available at the college
- Promote participatory leadership, with demonstrated experience in organizational assessment, strategic planning and evaluation, and documentation of institutional effectiveness.
- Promote the implementation of positive change within the college while protecting the history, traditions, and existing effective practices of the institution.
- Attend Board of Trustee meetings and serve as the direct liaison between the Board and the college.
- Preside over the President’s Executive Cabinet and President’s Council meetings
- Exercise administrative and fiscal control over and have ultimate responsibility for the college’s Intercollegiate Athletics programs and the Temple College Foundation.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited Higher Education institution. Five years of executive level administrative experience.
Community College experience. College classroom teaching experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to the Board and the public. An understanding of, the commitment to, and the ability to articulate the role, philosophy, and mission of a comprehensive community college. A commitment to quality learning experiences for students. Exhibit strong ethical and moral standards. Strong communication skills including being conversant with contemporary social media tools.
Light physical activity is required with occasional lifting of objects up to 15 pounds.
Work is normally performed in an interior/office work environment. Travel is an essential part of this position with travel provided by the college in college owned or personal vehicle and/or public transportation.
REPORTS TO: Board of Trustees
DIRECT REPORTS: Vice Presidents, Executive Directors, Assistant to the President, Athletic Director, Marketing and Media Relations Director.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by: August 18, 2018
To be considered for this position, electronically submit the following:
- Letter of application that addresses the position profile and demonstrates how the candidate’s experience and professional qualifications prepare them to serve the needs of Temple College (not to exceed five (5) pages.
- Current resume.
Please submit item’s 1 and 2 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Application form: http://templejc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2638. You will need to create an account to apply.
For information about the application process, please contact:
Dr. Dennis Michaelis
Temple College is committed to nondiscrimination practices based upon race, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, age, religion, national origin, genetic information, or veteran status.
More search results
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs @ UC Blue Ash
University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College
Missouri State University
RESIDENCE HALL DIRECTOR
Missouri State University
Executive Director of the BB&T Center for the Stu…
Wake Forest University
Assistant or Associate Professor of Applied Exerc…
Texas Christian University