Director of Grant Writing, Corporate & Foundation Relations
- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
As an integral member of the Corporate and Foundation Relations team, the Director of Grant Writing for Corporate and Foundation Relations will be the leading contributor to the drafting and editing of grant proposals to corporations and foundations. The successful candidate will work closely with the Assistant Vice President of Corporate and Foundation Relations to help implement a successful grant proposal program that is focused on holistic, strategic external relationships and value added, transparent internal relationships. The Director of Grant Writing for Corporate and Foundation Relations must be highly organized and will utilize superior communication skills and creativity in executing campus-wide strategies for seeking grant funding from companies and foundations in support of the mission of Miami University. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated leader with impeccable work ethic who is able to effectively translate the priorities of campus stakeholders into timely and successful grant proposals.
While reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President of Corporate and Foundation Relations, this person will work in close collaboration with the Office of University Advancement Communications, Marketing and Events to ensure alignment and consistency with brand standards.
- Secures grant funding to support Miami University priorities and initiatives through timely submission of well researched, written, and documented grant proposals and complies with all grant reporting as required by University and agency/foundation guidelines.
- Under the guidance of the Assistant Vice President of Corporate and Foundation Relations, manages overall grants administration projects with appropriate University offices, assure compliance with funder and University policies, track and present results of external funding efforts, and provide relevant updates to administrators, faculty, and staff regarding external funding.
- Supports the Assistant Vice President of Corporate and Foundation Relations in determining the needs of internal campus stakeholders, including administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Assists the Corporate and Foundation Relations team in conducting research to identify prospective funding partners.
- In collaboration with University Advancement Communications, Marketing and Events, creates comprehensive solicitations, publication materials and newsletters for the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Provides stewardship to corporate and foundation donors by providing regular written updates.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of progressively responsible communications or creative experience with supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Innovative, strategic, editorial, writing, and storytelling experience across all channels.
- Familiarity with AP and Chicago style conventions, excellent spelling and grammar skills.
- Outstanding written communication skills with the ability to research and write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals to relevant audiences
- Strong project/time management and multitasking abilities.
- 6-8 years of progressively responsible communications or creative experience in a higher education nonprofit setting with a consistent increase in responsibility including leadership, management or supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources and basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Experience with proposal writing in a higher education institution.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research, some experience with graphic design and publications.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs @ UC Blue Ash
University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College
Missouri State University
RESIDENCE HALL DIRECTOR
Missouri State University
Executive Director of the BB&T Center for the Stu…
Wake Forest University
Assistant or Associate Professor of Applied Exerc…
Texas Christian University