Executive Director of Professional Education & Workplace Learning
- CUNY School of Professional Studies
- New York, NY
Executive Director of Professional Education & Workplace Learning
Job ID: 19016
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. Now with 25 degree programs, 18 of them fully online, it has become the chief provider of online degrees at CUNY. Affirming its leadership in online education, CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2018 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
The fastest growing School in CUNY, with enrollments increasing by over 30% in the last three years, CUNY SPS has over 3,400 students in its degree programs. The School has also seen unprecedented growth in its non-credit programs, with a portfolio of grant funded programs currently accounting for over $20 million. The School has an engaged Student Association, an active Alumni Association, and the CUNY SPS Foundation offers students an array of scholarship opportunities.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Strategy and Innovation, and serving as a key advisor, the Executive Director for Professional Education and Workplace Learning will be responsible for the overall leadership and strategic planning for the School’s certificate and customized workplace learning programs. As a key member of the School’s senior leadership team, the Executive Director will be expected to contribute broadly to all aspects of the fulfillment of the School’s mission and growth.
• Develops strategies and plans for the creation of programs that meet the needs of working professionals, employers, and CUNY students.
• Provides leadership for senior - level program directors and 80+ professional full-time staff in the development and management of career-oriented, applied, and workplace instructional programs.
• Strategically evaluates potential program proposals to align with School's strategic direction, capabilities, and expertise.
• Leads the development of strategic partnerships and builds relationships with corporate, nonprofit, and government agency partnerships; directs the negotiation of partnerships.
• Collaborates with academic leadership, senior administrators, and faculty to design innovative, high¬ quality credit-bearing and noncredit bearing programs in new formats, including in the classroom and online.
• Promotes the use of effective strategies and technologies for enhancing student learning and improving workplace performance.
• Formulates and manages budgets, including the projection of revenue and costs, and revenue sharing arrangement with partners.
• Contributes to the School's market research and marketing str ategies for the promotion of related programs.
• Establishes quality and evaluation standards for courses and programs.
• Establishes standards for project and program management.
• Serves member of School's leadership team.
• Perform such other duties applicable to the position as assigned.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
The preferred candidate will bring a broad strategic vision and the ability to implement that vision, and will have the capacity to work hard as well as to motivate and lead. Specific experience and attributes will include:
• Master's degree in a related field preferred.
• A minimum of ten years of senior-level leadership in development and implementation of learning and development and/or professional and continuing education programs.
• Knowledge of workplace learning strategies and industry practices related to adult learning, performance improvement, instructional design, training delivery, learning technologies, and evaluation.
• Knowledge of higher education academic programs and requirements.
• Experience formulating and overseeing program budgets.
• Proven ability to foster and sustain strong relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders, including faculty, academic and administrative leaders, representatives of partner organizations, training directors, managers, and front-line employees.
• Proven ability to direct and lead professional staff.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Superior facilitation, presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
Professional School Associate Admin
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select Apply Now and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
August 2, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Faculty Positions in Electrical and Computer Engi…
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Term-tenure track position in Public History with…
Term-tenure track position in Public History with expertise in post-1865 United States History
Dean, School of Economics and Business
Saint Mary's College of California
Lecturer Technology Liason
University of North Carolina Wilmington