Dean, School of Health Professions
- University of North Texas Health Science Center
- Fort Worth, TX
The University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) invites nominations, expressions of interest, and applications for the Dean, School of Health Professions (SHP). The next Dean will be a key member of the UNTHSC leadership team committed to realizing the University’s mission of creating solutions for a healthier community.
The University of North Texas Health Science Center is located in the heart of Fort Worth’s Cultural District on a 33-acre campus immediately adjacent to nationally recognized museums, the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus and the soon-to-be completed Dickies Arena. UNTHSC is a complex and innovative organization with over 1,400 FTEs, a budget of over $300 million, and is proud to be a leader in interprofessional training and interdisciplinary research, generating over $40 million of external research funding yearly. With almost 2,300 students and over 300 faculty, UNTHSC is a comprehensive academic medical center awarding 712 medical, doctoral, masters and professional degrees annually. Major components of UNTHSC include the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, School of Public Health, School of Health Professions, UNT System College of Pharmacy, UNT Health, Texas Christian University and UNTHSC School of Medicine (opening July 2019, pending accreditation).
The School of Health Professions is proud to provide opportunities for a diverse student body to obtain the knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary to serve in the health care professions and to continue their development throughout their professional careers. Presently, the School is divided into two academic departments: the Department of Physician Assistant Studies and the Department of Physical Therapy, with degree programs leading to a Doctorate of Physical Therapy or Masters of Physician Assistant Studies. Both programs include inter-professional experiences designed to prepare students to be contributing members of the healthcare team. In addition, the School of Health Professions provides an innovative online Graduate Certificate in Lifestyle Health, designed for health care professionals and full-time students who have direct contact with patients and clients. The program includes an introduction to lifestyle health, assessing client readiness for change, the role of nutrition in health and managing chronic diseases, physical activity, smoking cessation, stress management and sleep habits. Approximately 33 faculty members provide high quality education and instruction to School’s 377 students, and are supported by 16 members of the professional staff.
For additional information about the University of North Texas Health Science Center and the School of Health Professions, please visit https://unthsc.edu
- An earned doctorate in a discipline aligned with health professions education and scholarly activity and educational achievement commensurate for appointment as a tenured full professor in the School of Health Professions.
- The ability to establish a vision of the future that motivates optimal productivity and collaborations within the school and the institution.
- A history of participation in interprofessional education and practice.
- Prior experience in a leadership role in an academic setting.
- A demonstrated commitment to the role of diversity in building excellence in education and research.
- An understanding of the current and emerging issues in higher education and health care and how they potentially will impact the mission and goals of the School and UNTHSC.
- The ability to schedule and set priorities for self and others, handle multiple concurrent activities, work within a budget, manage projects and people, meet deadlines and get positive results.
- A management style that encourages collegiality, teamwork, participation, communication, mentoring, and service orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, excellent writing proficiency, professional appearance, and an executive demeanor.
- The ability to delegate responsibility to SHP leaders allowing them to identify the ways and means to accomplish specific strategic and operational goals and objectives.
- Leadership skills as characterized by one who possesses a broad vision of the future of health care and assertiveness in taking risks and presenting and selling ideas.
Application / Nomination Process
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue to accept applications and nominations until the position is filled. Applicants must submit a current curriculum vitae and a letter of interest describing relevant experience and interest in the position. Nomination letters should include the name, position, address and telephone number of the nominee. All nominations and applications will be handled in confidence.
Applications and letters of nomination should be submitted to:
Alberto Pimentel, Managing Partner
Navid Nakai, Senior Associate
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates
6512 Painter Avenue
Whittier, CA 90601
Refer to code “UNTHSC-SHP” in subject line
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
More search results
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs @ UC Blue Ash
University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College
Missouri State University
RESIDENCE HALL DIRECTOR
Missouri State University
Executive Director of the BB&T Center for the Stu…
Wake Forest University
Assistant or Associate Professor of Applied Exerc…
Texas Christian University