Dean of the Gunn College of Health Sciences and Human Services
- Midwestern State University
- Wichita Falls, Texas
Midwestern State University
Search for the Dean of the Gunn College of Health Sciences and Human Services
Midwestern State University, located in Wichita Falls, Texas, seeks an accomplished and energetic leader for the position of Dean of the Robert D. and Carol Gunn College of Health Sciences and Human Services.
The Gunn College of Health Sciences and Human Services comprises seven departments, including the Department of Athletic Training and Exercise Physiology, the Department of Criminal Justice, the Department of Dental Hygiene, the Department of Radiologic Sciences, the Department of Social Work, the Wilson School of Nursing, and the Department of Respiratory Care. The Gunn College also houses programs in Health Administration. Additionally, the college is the administrative home to the J.S. Bridwell Regional Simulation Center, an off-campus nurse training facility. For a full description of the programs offered through the Gunn College, please visit https://mwsu.edu/academics/hs2/index.
The successful candidate will hold a terminal degree in a field that allows him or her to be anchored in the Gunn College. Additionally, he or she will possess a record of teaching and scholarship that merit the rank of associate or full professor with tenure. Finally, he or she will have had progressively responsible academic leadership experience.
• Experience with new program development
• Experience promoting interprofessional activity in teaching and scholarship
• An appreciation for the mission and culture of a public liberal arts university
• Experience with degree completion programs
• Experience with various modalities of learning and instruction, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online
• Experience working with multi-campus activities and off-campus sites
• Experience in community engagement and developing academic partnerships
• Experience with the budget process
• Experience in policy development
• Experience with donor relations, and community engagement
• Experience with program review and with accrediting bodies
• The ability to work collaboratively with faculty, students, staff and external partners
• The ability to recognize and emphasize the importance of research, publications, and life-long and continuous scholarly activity
• Conflict resolution skills
• Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills
• A collaborative approach to leadership
• An entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
The position is available on or about July 1, 2019, with a preference for a January 1, 2019 start date.
Full information about this opportunity can be viewed by going to www.Academic-Search.com and clicking on the "Current Searches" tab at the top of that home page and locating this opportunity.
More information about Midwestern State University is available at http://www.mwsu.edu.
Applications and Nominations
The search is being assisted by Academic Search, Inc. For a confidential discussion of this position prior to applying or nominating, contact Dr. Eric Richtmyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will remain open until filled, but only applications received by August 25, 2018, can be assured full consideration. Materials should include a letter of interest addressing how the applicant meets the qualifications described above, a curriculum vitae or resume, and a list of at least five references with full contact information, sent to MSUTEXASGUNN@academic-search.com.
Midwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment or the provision of services on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability. Midwestern State University welcomes applications from diverse populations including minorities and women.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Section Chair - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
University of California, Los Angeles
Assistant Professor of Studio Art (Photography)
Southern Methodist University
Dean of the Graduate School & Associate Vice Pres…
Betty T. Asher
Assistant Professor; Grape Disease Ecology and Ep…
Associate/Full Professor Accounting - Director of…
UW-Milwaukee Lubar School of Business