Executive Director, Purdue Agricultural Alumni Association
Seeking an experienced Agriculture professional to serve as the executive officer and registered agent of the Purdue Agricultural Alumni Association, Inc., an Indiana non-profit corporation whose mission is to cultivate an engaging network of alumni and students in order to share the value of Purdue University's College of Agriculture for the betterment of society in both local and global communities. Functions of this position will include:
- Develop and manage the Purdue Agricultural Alumni Association's activities and the Indiana State Fair Pioneer Farm and Home Show.
- Negotiate contracts with the State Fair Commission and other entities.
- Plan, coordinate, and administer all alumni relations activities for the College of Agriculture. This includes recruiting and managing alumni volunteers for such activities.
- Maintain all official records of the corporation, including the preparation of all reports and filings required by local, state, and federal governments.
- Serve as the College of Agriculture's official liaison with the Purdue Alumni Association and the college's representatives for alumni relations activities to other campus-wide concerns.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Communication, Extension or related discipline.
- Five years of experience in the agriculture industry or professional working experience in an agricultural higher education environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the agriculture industry.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and leadership abilities.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion when working with external stakeholder groups.
- Ability to identify and locate information that is relevant to the College of Agriculture's programs and mission in order to develop appropriate strategies and responses to questions as they arise.
- Valid US or Canadian driver's license.
- Master's degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Communication, Extension or related discipline.
- Experience in organizational development, public relations, or related field.
- Experience in volunteer management, stakeholder and/or government relations.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment.
- FLSA Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must apply online via the Purdue Careers site in order to be considered. Direct link to apply: http://purdue.taleo.net/careersection/wl/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1801091
More search results
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs @ UC Blue Ash
University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College
Missouri State University
RESIDENCE HALL DIRECTOR
Missouri State University
Executive Director of the BB&T Center for the Stu…
Wake Forest University
Assistant or Associate Professor of Applied Exerc…
Texas Christian University