Instructor of Education
The College of Education at Dakota State University in Madison, SD invites applications for an Instructor of Education. The start date of the position is August 2023. The position is a 9-month, full-time, benefit-eligible, term position.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate excellence as a classroom teacher and program advisor and show ability to integrate technology tools in teaching and student engagement.
- Depending upon qualifications, teaching responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, courses in general education, reading pedagogy, language arts pedagogy, and special education.
- Requirements include an earned Master’s in Education or a related field.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Flexible benefits package – including paid sick time, health and retirement benefits
- Life and disability insurance options
- Reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities
- Professional liability coverage
Information about The DSU College of Education:
Dakota State University is the home of the first Teachers’ College in the Dakota territories. Established in 1881, DSU offers education degrees in Elementary Education, K-12 Physical Education, a dual degree in Elementary Education/Special Education, and several secondary degrees, with related minors, endorsements, and certificates. The College of Education is also home to the Bachelor’s of Science degree in Exercise Science. Dakota State University (http://www.dsu.edu) has a distinguished history of offering STEM degrees. Nearly 70% of our graduates receive STEM diplomas, including exercise science. DSU distinguishes itself as the leader of technology integration in all majors offered by the University. Instructional use of wireless tablets, projectors, and other learning technologies is expected in the classroom. DSU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and contact information for at least three professional references.
About Dakota State University:
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid sick leave, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.