Vice Chancellor for Facilities
- University of North Texas System
- Dallas, TX
University of North Texas System
Vice Chancellor for Facilities
The University of North Texas System (UNT System or UNTS) seeks applications and nominations for the position of Vice Chancellor for Facilities.
University of North Texas System
The three independent universities of the UNT System have combined enrollment of nearly 44,000 students across five major teaching locations, including each main campus, as well as Frisco and downtown Dallas. The UNT System also provides high-quality, innovative, and affordable legal education in Dallas at the UNT Dallas College of Law. The UNT System Administration is based in downtown Dallas and collectively the UNT System has a $1.2 billion annual consolidated budget, employs roughly 10,000 people at its various locations within the robust North Texas Region and boosts the Texas economy by nearly $5.2 billion each year.
The University of North Texas System’s institutions include:
- University of North Texas – Established in 1890, University of North Texas, is one of the nation's largest universities with enrollment exceeding 38,000. UNT offers 103 bachelor's, 86 master's and 38 doctoral degree programs. Led by President Neal J. Smatresk, UNT is ranked among the 115 top-tier research universities — 81 of which are public universities — in the latest Carnegie Classification list. The university has been named one of America’s 100 Best College Buys for 22 consecutive years, a ranking based on having a high-achieving freshman class and affordable tuition. The Princeton Review continually names UNT as a Best in the West school and Forbes has listed UNT as an America's Top College for nine consecutive years. UNT has 15 programs ranked in the Top 100 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- University of North Texas Health Science Center – With an enrollment of 2,270, University of North Texas Health Science Center is one of the nation’s premier graduate academic medical centers and is composed of five schools that specialize in patient-centered education, research and health care: the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, the School of Public Health, the School of Health Professions and the UNT System College of Pharmacy. UNTHSC’s dedication to primary care has received national recognition for the 15th consecutive year in U.S. News & World Report’s annual ranking of medical schools. Led by President Michael Williams, a UNTHSC alum and former UNT System Regent, the university invests $44.4 million in annual research expenditures – a figure that has nearly doubled since 2006.
- University of North Texas at Dallas – University of North Texas at Dallas (UNT Dallas) was established in 2010 and received accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOS) in 2013. Led by President Bob Mong, the university has a diverse student population (46% Hispanic, 33% African-American, and 16% white) including first time freshmen, transfer students, veterans and graduate students. As the only public, doctoral granting comprehensive university in the City of Dallas – the hub of the State’s most densely populated region – UNT Dallas is critical to achieving the State’s 60X30 Texas Plan. The University offers bachelors, masters and a juris doctor degree.
Reporting directly to the Chancellor of the UNT System, the Vice Chancellor for Facilities is responsible for guiding the UNT System’s facilities, campus master planning, and major construction activities. The Vice Chancellor leads an office committed to delivering outstanding sustainable and enduring projects that maximize value while supporting the mission of each of the UNT System’s campuses.
With a staff of over 20 architects, planners, interior designers and other construction and administrative professionals, the Vice Chancellor for Facilities oversees an office that provides professional planning, design and construction management for the campuses and System Administration for all major renovation and construction projects. These responsibilities range from initial project development through programming, design, construction and commissioning. Working closely with the administration, faculty, staff and students of each campus, the UNT System Office of Facilities implements the highest standards in design, particularly focusing on high-performance, efficient, and sustainable facilities.
In addition, the Vice Chancellor for Facilities represents the System Administration before the Board of Regents and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board in all matters related to construction projects.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An advanced degree from an accredited university or equivalent years of experience;
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible administrative experience in a large, complex organization;
- A proven career record of progressively increasing responsibility in complex public or private organizations;
- Experience in construction and development supervision;
- Extensive knowledge of capital planning, financial planning, land-use planning, and master planning;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building abilities, outstanding oral and written communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple complex projects;
- Problem solving skills to reach efficient and effective solutions in a collaborative manner;
- The ability to lead major activities in a collaborative manner with a wide range of internal and external constituencies;
- The ability represent the UNT System to the state legislature and other policymaking agencies; and
- A combination of public and private sector experience is preferred.
For a full position description, please visit https://www.storbeckpimentel.com/pd/UNTS/VCFacilities.pdf.
Application and Nomination Process
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue to accept applications and nominations until the position is filled. Applicants must submit a current resume and/or curriculum vitae, along with a letter of interest describing relevant experience and interest in the position. Submission of materials via e-mail is strongly encouraged. Nomination letters should include the name, position, address and telephone number of the nominee. All nominations and applications will be handled in confidence.
Applications and letters of nomination should be submitted to:
Alberto Pimentel, Managing Partner
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates
6512 Painter Avenue
Whittier, CA 90601
Refer to code “UNTS-VCFacilities” in subject line
The University of North Texas System is an AA/ADA/EOE employer and is committed to creating an ethnically and culturally diverse community.
More search results
Faculty Positions in Electrical and Computer Engi…
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Term-tenure track position in Public History with…
Term-tenure track position in Public History with expertise in post-1865 United States History
Dean, School of Economics and Business
Saint Mary's College of California
Lecturer Technology Liason
University of North Carolina Wilmington