Operations Assistant - Housing Services
Carnegie Mellon is a global research university with more than 13,285 students, 98,000 alumni, and 5,000 faculty and staff. Recognized for its world-class arts and technology programs, collaboration across disciplines, and innovative leadership of education in the fields of Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Public Policy & Information Systems, and Science, Carnegie Mellon is consistently ranked among the top 25 universities in the United States.
Carnegie Mellon University’s department of Housing Services is searching for a Housing Operations Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by assisting with all of the daily functions of the housing operations team, including customer relations and serving as primary back up and support to the front desk operations during business hours, and student scheduling.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the coordination of housing processes and oversight of administrative tasks associated with Fall/Winter/Summer openings and closings, as well as Spring move-out;
- Maintain timelines, databases, and task lists that coordinate with the cyclical housing events mentioned above;
- Serve as a primary monitor of the functionality of the Housing access system, including all aspects of access;
- Troubleshoot issues and determine the best resolution to a problem, while also acting as a liaison with Facilities, Residential Education, Operations units, Campus Makerspace Partners, the CS Gold team, and other campus departments; and
- Assist with the coordination of student payroll, process department student hiring, and coordinate financial purchasing procedures.
You should have strong attention to detail, excellent customer service and communication skills, a team-oriented approach, and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information. Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Housing Department. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred
- Minimum three years of experience working with students, administrative support, access control management, customer service, or higher education
- Experience with CS Gold, Workday, StarRez, or related software programs preferred
- Background clearances as required by Pennsylvania Act 153
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
More search results
Faculty Positions in Electrical and Computer Engi…
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Term-tenure track position in Public History with…
Term-tenure track position in Public History with expertise in post-1865 United States History
Dean, School of Economics and Business
Saint Mary's College of California
Lecturer Technology Liason
University of North Carolina Wilmington