Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean of the Faculty
- Cottey College
- Nevada, MO
Cottey College (www.cottey.edu) an independent, liberal arts and sciences women’s college located in Nevada, Missouri, is accepting applications for the position of Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty (VPAA/DoF).
Reporting to the President, Dr. Jann Weitzel, and a member of the President's Council, the VPAA/DoF serves as the chief academic officer of the College and is responsible for the strategic leadership of all academic matters of the College. Visit www.Hyatt-Fennell.com/searches for more information.
Within a shared governance context, the VPAA/DoF supports an academic culture that is collaborative, innovative and creative and
- Advocates for faculty and staff, including recruitment, retention, and development;
- Provides leadership for the overall planning, development, implementation, evaluation, and fiscal management of the academic programs;
- Facilitates academic excellence in all academic areas, including curriculum, teaching, and learning;
- Is responsible for the academic planning, assessment, strategic planning, and accreditation across the campus;
- Provides leadership to the academic administrative and support services.
- An earned doctorate in a liberal arts and sciences discipline appropriate to the College.
- Experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching in a two-year or four-year institution.
- Significant academic administrative experience, increasing in complexity over a period of years.
- Experience with
- Current curricular issues in higher education and with academic program review and development;
- Pedagogical and scholarly issues relevant to the general-education curriculum and issues related to women’s education;
- Academic budgets and financial management.
Cottey College is being assisted by Hyatt–Fennell, Executive Search. Application materials should be submitted via email to Cottey@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references, submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to August 3, 2018, to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
For more information:
Cottey College is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Dean, College of Liberal Arts
The University of Texas at Austin
Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs
University of California, Irvine
Instructor in Exercise Science #123210
University of West Florida
Lecturer in Music/Assistant Director for Academic…
Texas Christian University
Director of Data Analytics
Johns Hopkins University