Assistant Teaching Professor - School Counseling
- Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH
- Competitive & commensurate with exper/credentials
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling Program at Bowling Green State University invites applications for a 1-Year Non-renewable Qualified Rank Faculty – Assistant Teaching Professor in the School of Counseling, Higher Education, Leadership and Foundations to begin August 2023. M.A. degree in counselor education from a CACREP-accredited program with doctoral work in a CACREP-accredited Counselor Education doctoral program is required. Candidates with either a current PhD or are ABD at time of application would be preferred. Work includes teaching and service in CACREP-accredited Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling Program.
Bowling Green State University is a nationally ranked public university committed to redefining student success in a high-achieving, innovative environment. In 2021, Forbes ranked BGSU as the No. 3 midsize employer in the United States, highlighting the University’s commitment to its faculty and staff. Serving as the core of the University’s academic community, more than 800 full-time faculty members are engaged in teaching/librarian effectiveness, scholarly/creative activity, and service, with over 2,000 full-time staff members to support the operations and education of over 20,000 students.
The CACREP-accredited counseling programs at BGSU are housed within the College of Education and Human Development. Our faculty are committed to creating a community of inclusion, collaboration, and respect. This mission is operationalized though iterative practices of inquiry and innovation that enhance the professional preparation of our students, providing them opportunities to engage in leadership and service grounded in experiential learning. We prepare students across two programs, MEd in School Counseling and MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Counseling programs are delivered in-person at our main campus in Bowling Green, OH. Please visit our websites for more information about the programs, school, and college.
Bowling Green State University
BGSU’s College of Education & Human Development
Clinical Mental Health & School Counseling Programs
Teach graduate courses in clinical mental health counseling and school counseling. This position is a one-year, non-renewable, qualified rank faculty line for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach graduate-level courses in counseling.
2. Contribute to the School, College, University, and the Profession through select service activities.
3. Provide supervision in practicums and internships.
1. Master’s degree in counseling from a CACREP accredited program.
2. Doctoral work in counselor education from a CACREP-accredited program. Candidates who are ABD at time of application will be considered.
3. Licensed/Certified as a Licensed Professional Counselor or Professional School Counselor.
4. Experience as a Clinical Mental Health Counselor or School Counselor.
1. PhD in Counselor Education from a CACREP Accredited program.
2. Documentation of effective teaching.
3. Experience supervising counselors in training.
4. Demonstrated commitment to scholarly activities including research, publications, presentations at professional conferences, and/or grant writing.
Applications accepted online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bgsu
Application Materials Required
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Unofficial transcript indicating the highest degree earned (if ABD, also include doctoral transcript)
Finalist will be required to submit official transcripts.
BGSU policy requires finalist to authorize and pass a background check prior to receiving an offer of employment.
Screening of applicants will begin May 31, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive and commensurate with candidate’s experience and credentials. Full benefits package available.
For additional information, please contact: Dr. Patrick Pauken, Director, School of Counseling, Higher Education, Leadership, & Foundations, College of Education & Human Development, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403
Phone: 419-372-2550 Email email@example.com
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommocation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More search results
Vice President for Human Resources
George Mason University
Assistant Director, Visitor Exp. & Special Events
Chair, Department of Aerospace Engineering
Iowa State University
Assistant Professor in Economic Geology
University of Texas Arlington
Part-time Professor of SCAD Language Studio
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design