Special Purpose Faculty
The Department of Information Technology seeks qualified applicants with expertise teaching introductory Computer Science courses for a 9 month continuing special purpose faculty position beginning Fall 2018.
Requirements for the position include:
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- Ability to teach fundamental Computer Science courses to new freshman and non-majors. Must support the department’s project-based curriculum providing real world experiences to undergraduates by incorporating hands on exercises in undergraduate courses.
- Ability to collaborate with faculty and adapt curriculum to support follow on courses.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Minimum of five years experience teaching Computer Science or Information Systems courses
- Experience teaching different types of learners at different levels with a wide variety of teaching methods focused on diverse learners and differentiation.
- Experience teaching computer security, networking, and/or web programming.
- Experience teaching mathematical concepts including Discrete Math
- Distinctive record of accomplishment incorporating diverse perspectives in teaching, scholarship and/or outreach
- Ability to contribute to campus diversity efforts and/or demonstrate cultural competence.
Service requirements during the academic year may include advising undergraduates and participating in departmental committees.
Applicants will teach in an innovative undergraduate program that offers an accredited Computer Science concentration and offers additional concentrations in software engineering, database systems and computer networks. The department also offers an accredited Information Science and Systems major with concentrations in healthcare, decision support systems, cybersecurity, and web development.
Radford University is committed to taking a leadership role in creating and supporting a highly productive, diverse and qualified workforce. We actively value diversity in our workplace and seek to take advantage of the rich backgrounds and abilities of everyone.
To apply, please send a cover letter, current vita, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and contact information for three references to Dr. Premchand Uppuluri, Search Committee Chair http://jobs.radford.edu/postings/6152. The review process will begin 06/04/2018 and continue until filled.
Radford University is an EO/AA employer committed to diversity. All new hires to Radford University will be subject to E-Verify. E-Verify is administered by the U. S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS-Verification Division and the Social Security Administration and allows participating employers to electronically verify employment eligibility.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
More search results
Experienced Tenure-Track Position in Strategy
Harvard Business School
Assistant/Associate Professor - Operations and In…
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Founding Chair, Department of Population Health S…
University of Central Florida
Assistant Professor in Developmental and Cell Bio…
University of California, Irvine
Assistant Professor of Dance (Jazz)
Southern Methodist University