EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMICS AND PROVOST
- DAVENPORT UNIVERSITY
SEEKING AN EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMICS AND PROVOST
Founded in 1866, Davenport University is a private, non-profit university with campuses across Michigan and online serving nearly 7,500 students. Davenport provides high academic quality, small class sizes, conveniently located campuses, faculty with real-world experience and more than 80 dynamic undergraduate and graduate programs addressing in-demand careers.
Davenport University has five colleges: the Donald W. Maine College of Business, the College of Technology, the College of Health Professions, the College of Arts and Sciences, and the College of Urban Education. DU’s online Global Campus works closely with the colleges, allowing Davenport to offer nearly all of its programs and courses in an online format.
Working in partnership with the President, Leadership Team and Cabinet, as well as deans, faculty, staff and students across the university, the Provost will lead Davenport to foster a thoroughly engaged academic community enriched through excellence in teaching and learning, meaningful co-curricular activities and deep engagement with employers.
WHY WE ARE HIRING FOR THIS POSITION
Our current Executive Vice President for Academics and Provost is retiring which has created an exciting opportunity for our team to recruit another innovative, collaborative leader to fill this essential role and contribute to DU’s Academic success at an exciting time for the University.
KEY CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE EVP OF ACADEMICS AND PROVOST
- Unleash the creativity of faculty and staff through effective organization and allocation of resources in response to a clear academic strategy
- Ensure that Davenport’s academic programs are growing, excellent, distinctive, and relevant
- Lead and support the Deans and Student Service Leadership in their efforts to deepen the quality of the student experience
- Be a champion and role model for the Inclusive Culture of Quality
- Embrace and strengthen the rich and diverse academic community that Davenport represents
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING IN A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The Executive Vice President for Academics and Provost will possess a distinguished career demonstrating academic and administrative success positions him/her to be regarded as an intellectual leader at Davenport. S/he will have a tireless passion for higher education and a clear, compelling vision of academic excellence. In addition, the Provost will have the following qualifications:
- An earned doctorate and a record of distinguished academic accomplishment sufficient to earn the respect of faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrated record of academic administrative leadership, with multi-site experience and forward thinking online programs a plus.
- Successful administrative experience with academic budgeting,financial planning and measureable quality.
- Proven experience in recruiting, developing, retaining, and evaluating faculty and professional staff.
- Demonstrated experience in faculty rank and promotion.
- A demonstrated understanding of high quality teaching and learning at undergraduate and graduate level, including experience with career-oriented programs.
- Demonstrated experience developing innovative programs and curriculum that meets clearly identified market needs.
- An established record of success working with a diverse staff, faculty and campus population; demonstrated commitment to diversity in areas of hiring, promotions, student enrollment and retention.
- Experience with accreditation and the assessment of learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated record of excellent interpersonal and leadership skills including the ability to motivate a diverse faculty and staff in support of the strategic vision, partner with academic and administrative leaders, and effectively problem solve and negotiate.
- A well regarded history of the highest personal and professional ethics, character and integrity.
- An appreciation for the value of private, career oriented, student-centered education.
- An ability to communicate with diverse audiences: to collaborate and communicate effectively with multiple university constituencies in different locations
- Strong communication skills with a commitment to inclusiveness, transparency and consensus building.
WHAT DAVENPORT UNIVERSITY HAS TO OFFER
Davenport University’s culture embraces a community where similarities and differences are understood, respected and valued. We promote full participation of all community members and support multiple perspectives and diversity of thought.
Full-time team members are eligible for a robust array of benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with 10% employer contribution, tuition remission, and generous paid-time-off. This executive level position is eligible for additional benefits, which will be discussed during the interview process.
For additional information about Davenport University, West Michigan and this opportunity, visit: http://www.davenport.edu/executive-opportunities
Apply using our online application at https://www.davenport.edu/careers-at-davenport
Davenport University is committed to building and supporting a diverse community of students, faculty and staff. Davenport University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, applicants and students without unlawful discrimination based on national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, veteran or other protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment and educational services.
More search results
Organizational Behavior Faculty Position
Claremont Graduate University
Dean of Berkeley Social Welfare
University of California, Berkeley
University of South Florida
University of South Florida
Aquatics and Fitness Center Manager
Suffolk County Community College
Suffolk County Community College