Dean of the Daniel L. Goodwin College of Business
- Benedictine University
DEAN OF THE DANIEL L. GOODWIN
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
Benedictine University invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the Daniel L. Goodwin College of Business. The Daniel L. Goodwin College of Business is a thriving, growing business school housed in a new, state of the art building on Benedictine University’s main campus in Lisle, IL located in the region’s “technology and research corridor” 20 miles west of Chicago. The building features innovative classrooms and learning spaces, along with the nation’s largest campus-based Bloomberg trading lab. The University offers a wide range of programs at the undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and executive education levels on the Lisle campus, Mesa AZ campus, in China and Vietnam, other off-site locations around the U.S., and online.
Benedictine’s undergraduate programs (traditional and adult) are committed to preparing global business leaders through a values-centered approach to business education incorporating the development of skills in critical thinking, and ethical and socially responsible leadership. By emphasizing theory in practice, innovation, strong general management, and academic rigor, the master’s programs (MBA and MS degrees in Accountancy, Business Analytics, Finance, Management-Information Systems, Management and Organizational Behavior, Taxation, and Values-Driven Leadership) provide a lasting foundation for leadership and prepare students for current and future opportunities in their professional careers. In addition to the master’s programs, the University also offers a Ph.D. in Organization Development and Ph.D./DBA in Values-Driven Leadership, recognized by HR.com in 2017 and 2018 as the #1 Ph.D. Leadership Program in the U.S. These are scholar-practitioner programs with strong global reputations targeted at mid-career professionals and senior business executives.
Reporting to the Provost and Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Daniel L. Goodwin College of Business seeks a dynamic leader who will support high-quality teaching, active learning, research, and professional development.
The responsibilities of the Dean of the Daniel L. Goodwin College of Business include the following:
- Provide vision to the college consistent with the mission of Benedictine University and its strategic plan.
- Facilitate faculty and staff development and cooperation among academic units in the college and across the university.
- Oversee the development and assessment of new and existing programs to ensure academic quality and external recognition.
- Supervise, evaluate, and develop faculty and staff in collaboration with department and program chairs.
- Establish external relationships to further program development, expand the resource base, and fundraising.
- Prepare and manage the college budget.
- Pursue and obtain ACBSP accreditation for the college, with the goal of moving to AACSB accreditation in the future.
- Work collaboratively with the university’s enrollment management along with marketing and communication in the marketing of programs and recruitment of students.
- Work collaboratively with the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs to enhance operational efficiency and the college’s profile.
- Ph.D. or DBA in a business-related field and appropriate academic credentials, preferably with industry experience to complement the academic training.
- Preferred five years of demonstrated administrative academic experience in higher education (dean, associate dean, program director, department chair, or equivalent).
- Experience at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels with multiple learning platforms to include face-to-face, online, and hybrid formats and the emerging educational needs of stakeholders within the business sector.
- Experience in data-informed decision-making to guide program development, implementation, evaluation, and quality improvement.
- Experience in building external relationships and fundraising.
- Experience in the supervision, evaluation and development of employees.
- Leadership skills rooted in integrity and transparency that embody shared governance and effective decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to promote positive collaboration with multiple disciplines within the college and across the university to include community partners and students.
- Experience in pursuing business school accreditation.
- Successful experience in budgeting and acquisition of resources, preferably experience in responsibility centered budgeting.
About Benedictine University
Benedictine University is a liberal arts institution located in the research corridor of metropolitan Chicago with nationally recognized undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. The University is an inclusive academic community dedicated to teaching and learning, scholarship and service, truth and justice, as inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition, the social teaching of the Church, and the principles of wisdom in the Rule of St. Benedict. The University seeks to provide a transformative and integrative educational experience grounded in Benedictine values, helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Benedictine University’s main campus is located in Lisle, Illinois just 25 miles west of Chicago, and has branch campuses in Mesa, Arizona, China and Vietnam. Founded as a Catholic university in 1887, Benedictine enrolls 5,395 students in 41 undergraduate and 15 graduate programs. The University's Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program is listed by Crain's Chicago Business as one of the largest in the Chicago area.
Benedictine University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt~Fennell, Executive Search. Submit nominations and application materials to Cheryl Hyatt at Ben@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references, in separate documents. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential and should be submitted prior to July 16, 2018 to receive full consideration. Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More search results
Organizational Behavior Faculty Position
Claremont Graduate University
Dean of Berkeley Social Welfare
University of California, Berkeley
University of South Florida
University of South Florida
Aquatics and Fitness Center Manager
Suffolk County Community College
Suffolk County Community College