Instructor I, Director, Undergraduate Programs
- University of South Florida
- Tampa, FL
Instructor I, Director, Undergraduate Programs
Seeking to accelerate our vision to be the exemplar catalyst for innovation and advancement of the profession of public health, locally and globally, the University of South Florida College of Public Health invites applications for an Instructor I, Director, Undergraduate Programs position in the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences and Public Health degree programs in COPH Undergraduate Studies.
This is a special opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative degree program at USF. The Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences and Public Health provides a highly interdisciplinary degree opportunity to students and offers a valuable combination of hard science, social science, and humanities. Courses in the program are offered from five different colleges and more than twenty departments at USF. Students can choose to focus their degree based on the health career they plan to pursue after graduation. The flexible and interdisciplinary nature of this degree program prepares tomorrow’s healthcare leaders with a strong foundation for success. See the COPH website at https://health.usf.edu/publichealth/undergrad/bshs to learn more about this exciting degree program.
We seek an individual to teach courses in the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree program, on-line and in the classroom, and to Director the day-to-day administration of the programs. At the USF College of Public Health, diversity, inclusion and social justice are part of our Core Values. We encourage applications from individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to these values in the teaching, research and service.
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News & World Report’s national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state’s 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
With more than 16,000 employees, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of all employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first-class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more. To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
Part of USF Health, the USF College of Public Health was founded in 1984 as the first college of public health in Florida and consists of a multidisciplinary faculty of 84 scholars, professionals and leaders serving the educational needs of more than 4,500 students in bachelors, master’s and doctoral degree programs. COPH is organized into four Strategic Areas: Global and Planetary Health; Interdisciplinary Science and Practice; Policy, Practice and Leadership; and Population Health Science. Our faculty select their strategic area of interest and are encouraged to engage in transdisciplinary research and teaching with faculty from across the college. We are transforming curricula and degree programs at all levels; we are engaging in translational research and the translation of that research to practice; and we are committed to public health workforce and systems development, locally and around the world. See the COPH website at http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/ to learn more about our dynamic and innovative faculty and College.
USF Tampa is located in a dynamic and growing metropolitan area of over three million residents and offers a wide-range of cultural, artistic, athletic and recreational activities, excellent public schools, close proximity to Gulf of Mexico beaches, and an affordable cost of living. See directions below to access the USF Careers posting for position minimum and preferred qualifications.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a public health, nursing, medicine, health education, biology, or related natural science degree or equivalent qualifications based on professional experience and otherwise qualified to perform assigned duties.
- Experience teaching undergraduate students.
- Experience analyzing and utilizing data in administrative decision making.
- Experience using Canvas or other teaching software.
- Must be able to be credentialed by SACS to teach undergraduate courses in the Health Science and Public Health curriculum.
- Demonstrated leadership in an academic setting.
- PhD in Public Health, Health Science or closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge and experience with university systems and data
- At least 1 year of experience in university administration at some level
- Evidence of innovative approaches to teaching and ability to incorporate new developments in the discipline into course content.
- The ability to teach courses in business or health administration, Public Health informatics or data visualization. Familiarity with Health systems such as Medicare and Medicaid.
- The ability to use predictive analytics in program management.
- Experience in goal setting for program management.
- Experience in course development and curriculum planning.
- Experience in counseling and mentoring students.
- Collegiality and participation as a citizen of the University and the College.
- Contributions in the area of service to the College or University, their profession and/or the community.
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled. Review of complete applications will begin April 14, 2023.
Salary & Benefits: Nationally competitive salary with excellent benefits.
To apply: Candidates must complete an online application for Job Opening ID 33704, and upload the documents listed below to be considered for this position. Documents to be uploaded with the application include a letter of application addressing the advertised minimum and preferred qualifications for the position to which applying, a CV and a list of three references. Review of application will not begin until all required documents are uploaded into Careers. References will not be contacted without notifying applicants in advance.
According to Florida law, search records, including applications and search committee meetings, are open to the public. USF is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Equal Access institution. Applicants who need disability accommodations in order to participate in the selection process should notify Sheri Shakes at (813) 974-6494 or TDD (974-6494 or TDD (813) 974-1758 at least five working days in advance of need.
More search results
Vice President for Human Resources
George Mason University
Assistant Director, Visitor Exp. & Special Events
Chair, Department of Aerospace Engineering
Iowa State University
Assistant Professor in Economic Geology
University of Texas Arlington
Part-time Professor of SCAD Language Studio
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design