Director of Student Financial Services
- Susquehanna University
Director of Student Financial Services
Susquehanna University seeks an exceptional and innovative leader to serve as the Director of Student Financial Services. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment and Student Financial Services, the Director is charged with providing strategic leadership, vision, and oversight of Susquehanna’s need-based financial aid program and student accounts, and leading a service-oriented team of seven. Student Financial Services works collaboratively with Admission and other University offices to recruit and retain students and to promote a greater understanding of financial aid policies.
The Director oversees all financial aid processes and billing for current and prospective students and their families by the Student Financial Services staff, including needs analysis, packaging, counseling, and outreach; and will ensure compliance and represent the Student Financial Services Office and Susquehanna University with private, state, and federal officials.
The successful candidate will be innovative and collaborative with excellent leadership and team-building skills. S/he will have demonstrated success and relevant experience in higher education. Candidates should have a commitment to the mission and values of Susquehanna’s liberal arts education and history of progressively responsible experience in financial aid administration.
The Director will also have the following experiences, capabilities, and attributes:
- Seven or more years of financial aid experience;
- Proven success in roles of increasing responsibility within financial aid and a demonstrated ability to supervise, manage, and motivate a diverse team of financial aid and student accounts staff;
- Proven track record of excellence as a financial aid officer and mentor, including strong verbal, written, technical, fiscal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively across campus in promoting the mission and strategic plan of Susquehanna University: to educate undergraduate students for productive, creative, and reflective lives of achievement leadership, and service in a diverse and interconnected world;
- In-depth knowledge of best practices and regulations governing federal financial aid programs;
- Exceptional and creative communication and critical thinking skills, combined with the proven ability to move ideas forward in a collaborative manner;
- Proven ability to interact with applicants and parents, plus current students and parents regarding financial aid and student account challenges in a proactive and positive manner, ensuring that all parties are heard and feel respected in the process;
- Ability to develop, communicate, and advocate for a compelling strategy and work effectively with colleagues at the University and with a wide range of audiences, including individuals and large groups of prospective students and their parents, secondary school personnel, alumni, current students and their parents, as well as administrators, faculty and the community;
- Ability to provide overall direction and analysis for the Student Financial Services Office computer systems and programs; recommend enhancements to existing systems/programs or the purchase of new systems/modules in order to maximize the processing of financial aid;
- Familiarity with electronic financial aid systems (mainframe and PC automated systems; Colleague and PowerFAIDS experience preferred); and
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Advanced Degree Preferred.
Mo Lashendock, Principal, and Charlotte Harris, Consultant, of Koya Leadership Partners have been retained to assist Susquehanna in this search. To express your interest in this role, please submit your materials, including your letter of interest and resume here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More search results
Experienced Tenure-Track Position in Strategy
Harvard Business School
Assistant/Associate Professor - Operations and In…
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Founding Chair, Department of Population Health S…
University of Central Florida
Assistant Professor in Developmental and Cell Bio…
University of California, Irvine
Assistant Professor of Dance (Jazz)
Southern Methodist University