Development Director/Major Gift Fundraiser
- Indiana State University
- Terre Haute, IN
Development Director/Major Gift Fundraiser
Indiana State University's Division of Advancement is searching for a fundraising or sales professional with a proven track record of success. Experience in higher education fundraising is a plus, but if you are a highly effective communicator that can build relationships, manage a portfolio of major gift ($25,000+) prospects and donors, and collaborate with internal campus partners to articulate fundraising priorities, you can be successful in this role.
This Development Director will primarily work to secure philanthropic support for the recently named Bailey College of Engineering and Technology, contributing to a comprehensive fundraising program by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gift donors and prospects, including individuals and corporations.
- Works with donors, prospects, academic partners and the campus community, and is expected to travel and meet with prospects and donors at least 50% of the time
- Develops and executes cultivation strategies for major gift prospects that meet the needs and goals of the Bailey College of Engineering and Technology and the overall fundraising priorities of the University through major gift solicitations.
- Works closely with colleagues in the Bailey College of Engineering and Technology to translate academic priorities into fundraising opportunities.
- Assists with various events by encouraging attendance, hosting guests and representing the Division of Advancement and the Bailey College of Engineering and Technology.
- Collaborates with others to develop successful fundraising strategies.
- Identifies and utilizes fundraising resources including volunteers, faculty, staff, publications, and electronic communication tools to identify and cultivate major gift prospects.
- Provides exceptional stewardship to our donors and partners.
- Updates donor and prospect records by entering accurate and timely contact reports into our database.
Required Education & Experience:
Must have a bachelor’s degree at the time of hire and 3-5 years of work experience in non-profit fundraising or a sales related field. Must also possess a valid driver’s license.
Application Process: This position is open until filled. For full consideration, please submit application and all required materials by April 24, 2023. For more information about the position or to apply, please visit https://jobs.indstate.edu/postings/43023
About the Institution:
Indiana State University is a world-class center of higher education, located in Terre Haute, Indiana, and serving a multi-state region that stretches from Indianapolis to St. Louis, Chicago, Louisville, Cincinnati, and beyond. It has been recognized by the Princeton Review as among the best universities in the Midwest.
Indiana State is a beautiful, pedestrian-friendly campus located within walking distance of local shops, restaurants, and activities in Terre Haute’s historic downtown district. Situated near the Indiana-Illinois border, the campus is about an hour’s drive from Indianapolis and within a few hours of other major metropolitan areas.
Indiana State offers more than 100 undergraduate degree programs and more than 70 graduate degrees, certificates, and licensure programs, many offered on campus and online. It also serves as a dynamic educational partner for businesses and industries across Indiana and throughout the Midwest. Indiana State is noted for programs in education, business administration, operations and supply chain management, aviation, criminology and criminal justice, cybersecurity, insurance and risk management, psychology, engineering technology, and a variety of health and human services degrees, among many others.
Indiana State, one of the most diverse campuses in Indiana, is a welcoming community of students, faculty, and staff representing most U.S. states and many countries around the world. There are more than 260 student-run organizations offering activities and entertainment throughout the year, along with 15 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a first-rate student recreation center with numerous classes and recreational sports programs, and a Performing Arts Series and University Speakers Series that bring national touring productions and speakers to campus.
Indiana State is a place of belonging where students, faculty, and staff learn and thrive together. Join our Sycamore family!
Indiana State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All are encouraged to apply including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
More search results
Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Iowa State University
Dean, College of Creative Arts
Vice President and Director of Research
W.E. Upjohn Institute
Assistant Director, Access and Inclusion and Seni…
Director, Equal Opportunity and Access & Title IX…
Illinois State University