Cyber Information Assurance Analyst
- Pennsylvania State University
- University Park, PA
Cyber Information Assurance Analyst
Careers at the Applied Research Laboratory at the Pennsylvania State University
Located in the heart of Happy Valley, State College, PA, The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State is an integral part of one of the leading research universities in the nation and serves as a University Center of Excellence in Defense science, systems, and technologies with a focus in naval missions and related areas. ARL is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion; we believe this is central to our success as a Department of Defense designated University Affiliated Research Center (UARC). We are at our best when we draw on the talents of all parts of society, and our greatest accomplishments are achieved when diverse perspectives are part of our workforce. We are searching for an experienced Cyber Information Assurance Analyst to support the Cyber Security Department.
Employment at ARL includes many benefits and rewards, including:
- Professional Development
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- 75% Tuition Discount for you and your family
- Safe and Diverse Community
- College Sporting Event Mecca
- World-Class Entertainment Facilities and Events
- Cultural Events
- Good Public Education System
- Activities for All Stages of your Life
What YOU Will Do…
You will assist in the coordination, design, evaluation, and submission of critical compliance required documentation and controls applicable to new and existing security services, controls, solutions, processes, procedures, and policies.
What YOU Need to be Successful…
Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher Information Security, Information Technology, or Computer Science plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 2. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs.
- Operational experience, with familiarity in security/event log auditing
- Vulnerability scanning and mitigation utilizing Nessus, Retina, GFI Languard, or similar tool
- Windows, UNIX/Linux, and/or OSX operating system administration
- TCP/IP network analysis and network/packet level examination tools such as tcpdump, Zenmap, or Wireshark
- Network monitoring tools such as Bro, Suricata, or Snort
- SEIM management such as Splunk, ELK, or Alienvault
- VMWare and management of Virtual Machines.
- Policy and procedure development
- Test plan creation
- Security plan development
- Plan of action and milestone development
- Training material development
- Risk assessment planning and preparation
- Certification and accreditation processes such as RMF and DIACAP
- NIST/ISO standards, DoD directives, and regulatory requirements
- Definition and interpretation of audit requirements
- The ability to certify and maintain information security related certification (Security+, CASP, GSEC, CISM, CISSP)
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Efficient organizational, multitasking, and time management abilities
- Aptitude to work independently, as well as in diverse teams across multiple IT disciplines
You will be subject to a government security investigation and you must be a U.S. citizen to apply. Employment with the Applied Research Laboratory will require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION on other positions at ARL, visit our web site at http://www.arl.psu.edu.
Apply online at https://psu.jobs/job/79053
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Experienced Tenure-Track Position in Strategy
Harvard Business School
Assistant/Associate Professor - Operations and In…
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Founding Chair, Department of Population Health S…
University of Central Florida
Assistant Professor in Developmental and Cell Bio…
University of California, Irvine
Assistant Professor of Dance (Jazz)
Southern Methodist University