Associate Vice President for Finance
The Associate Vice President for Finance is responsible for overseeing the operations of Accounting Services, Accounts Payable, Student Account Services, Procurement and Contract Services, Payroll, Auxiliary Support Services, and Foundation Accounting. This includes managing the budgets for areas of responsibility, managing investments, preparing budgets for auxiliary services, preparing year-end financial reporting to TBR, ad-hoc reports as required by both internal and external parties and performing other related duties as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and carry out the mission statement of the University’s Finance area. -Direct the operations of Accounting Services, Accounts Payable, Student Account Services, Procurement and Contract Services, Payroll, Auxiliary Support Services, and Foundation Accounting.
-Advise the Vice President on all financial, accounting and auditing matters.
- Develop and monitor procedures to address audit issues.
- Interpret, monitor, and administer university policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance regarding university, state and federal requirements, guidelines and laws.
- Interact with individuals, companies and government officials regarding university business, claims, etc.
- Coordinate timely and accurate preparation of records and reports, budgets, contracts, financial statements, etc.
- Manage investment of University funds; analyze cash flows.
- Develop/modify and implement new operating procedures.
- Develop, control and recommend budgets within area of responsibility.
- Supervise employees within area of responsibility.
- Participate in community activities and professional organizations/meetings.
- Serve on university committees as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Accounting or business related field or equivalent combination of accounting experience and education.
-Five (5) years of successful experience in the areas of accounting, budgeting and supervision.
- A background and credit history check will be required of the successful applicant
- CPA license
- Higher education experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting and how it applies to higher education.
- Working knowledge of higher education ERP systems, such as Banner (Banner Finance)
Austin Peay State University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation/gender identity, religion, age, disability status, genetic information, and/or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries or complaints regarding the non-discrimination policies, should be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nondiscrimination@apsu.edu.
More search results
Experienced Tenure-Track Position in Strategy
Harvard Business School
Assistant/Associate Professor - Operations and In…
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Founding Chair, Department of Population Health S…
University of Central Florida
Assistant Professor in Developmental and Cell Bio…
University of California, Irvine
Assistant Professor of Dance (Jazz)
Southern Methodist University