The City Colleges of Chicago has opened the search for the president of Harry S Truman College. A designated Hispanic Serving Institution, the college is one of seven in the City Colleges district. Located in Uptown Chicago on the North Side, the college is home to one of Illinois' largest adult education programs and is the hub within City Colleges for education, human and natural sciences. The president of Harry S Truman College reports to the Chancellor of the City Colleges of Chicago.
Harry S Truman College meets the diverse education and training needs of an equally diverse student population. Some 15,000 students annually comprise a rich community of global, multi-cultural students representing 145 countries. Students pursue classes toward associate degrees, adult education programs, English as a Second Language curriculum, and occupational certificate and continuing education courses for professionals; they prepare for transfer to baccalaureate institutions or go directly into the workplace. A knowledgeable, dedicated faculty and staff work on behalf of students in a learner-centered, shared governance environment.
In keeping with the college's mission to deliver high-quality, innovative, affordable, and accessible educational opportunities, the college seeks a president who will be a leader and a learner. Leadership should be inspired, visible, entrepreneurial, and collaborative, enhancing the image of and support for the college. The applicant should demonstrate:
- a commitment to a students-first emphasis and appreciation for students with diverse backgrounds, needs, and goals;
- the ability to be a champion for students and empower faculty and staff;
- knowledge of financial aid, enrollment management methods, and strategies;
- a record of success in finances, budget allocation, and resource generation;
- vision and successful experience with strategic planning design, initiatives, and delivery;
- a capacity to work in a unionized environment;
- an ability to enhance the mission of the college in partnership with community leaders, businesses, and others;
- the ability to be a vocal advocate and spokesperson on behalf of the college at a district level, and to community organizations and agencies, political leaders and local communities;
- effective oral, written, listening, and interpersonal skills;
- successful senior administrative or teaching experience at an urban community college (preferred); and
- experience in a multi-college or multi-campus organization or system (preferred).
Applicants also should meet the following expectations:
- an advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education;
- progressive leadership experience with three to five years senior-level executive experience, with preference given to experience in higher education, especially community or technical college experience; and
- high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams.
NOMINATIONS AND APPLICATIONS
An advanced degree is preferred. Candidates with equivalent and/or applicable senior-level leadership experience are welcome to apply. To assure best consideration, nominations and applications should be received by June 29, 2018. The application must include a letter of interest (not more than three pages); a current résumé (or curriculum vitae); and the names of five professional references with each person's position, office or home address, e-mail address, and telephone numbers. All applications will remain confidential pending the selection of finalists. The new president may assume office on or about September 1, 2018.
The search is being assisted by James McCormick and Janice Fitzgerald, Executive Search Consultants, AGB Search, email@example.com, 651-238-5188, firstname.lastname@example.org, 717-580-0663. Nominations and applications should be sent electronically (MS Word or PDF format) to email@example.com. Additional information may be found at www.ccc.edu.
The City Colleges of Chicago does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, order of protection status, disability, genetic information, military status, or status as a member of any other protected class under federal, state, or city law.
More search results
Business Systems Project Manager
University of California, Santa Barbara
DIRECTOR - RESIDENTIAL AND HOSPITALITY SERVICES
Lecturer in Physics/Astronomy at Texas Christian …
Texas Christian University
DEAN, VIRGINIA TECH CARILION SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Associate Vice President and Chief Information Of…
Florida State University