Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Information Systems
- Dakota State Univeristy
- Madison, SD
The College of Business and Information Systems at Dakota State University seeks applicants for a 9-month, full-time tenure-track faculty position in information systems to begin Fall 2023. Rank and salary will be determined based on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Qualified individuals will contribute to DSU’s graduate and undergraduate information systems programs through excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, and service as well as a willingness to collaborate in all phases of academic life. Applicants hired may be assigned to teach courses at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in information systems areas including programming, web development, systems analysis and design, analytics, big data, and artificial intelligence. Courses may be taught on-campus in Madison, SD, at a location in Sioux Falls, SD, and online as needed. The candidates hired will engage students and faculty from diverse disciplines and actively participate in curriculum development and other programmatic initiatives.
- Teaching a range of applied undergraduate and/or graduate courses in one or more of these areas:
- Primary area: Systems analysis and design, programming, and application development.
- Secondary area: Machine learning, analytics, and artificial intelligence.
- Researching and publishing relevant scholarship.
- Active pursuit of grant and funding opportunities.
- Additional duties will include advising students, serving on university committees, assisting with recruitment activities.
- Ph.D. degree in information systems, computer science, or a related information technology field. ABD candidates may also be considered.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability to develop a strong and active research agenda.
- Ability to mentor student research and doctoral dissertation work.
- Strong potential for scholarly research, publication and attracting external funding in areas related to Information Systems.
Information about the College of Business and Information Systems:
The College of Business and Information Systems offers a PhD in Information Systems and Master of Science degrees in information systems, analytics, business administration, and health informatics. Undergraduate baccalaureate degrees include computer information systems, artificial intelligence in organizations, business administration, health information administration, professional accountancy, and business and computer education.
- Flexible benefits package – including paid sick leave, health and retirement benefits
- Life and disability insurance options
- Reduced tuition and training opportunities
- Professional liability coverage
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and contact information for at least three professional references.
For full consideration, please submit all materials by April 8, 2023. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
About Dakota State University:
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.