Intramural Sports Coordinator
- Grand Valley State University
- Allendale Michigan
The Recreational Sports Coordinator will assist in the development, implementation, and administration of intramural, recreational, and adaptive and inclusive sports programs. Recreation & Wellness provides structured programming options to foster health and wellbeing, learning, leadership, and inclusion.
- Assist in the administration for all intramural sports programs, which includes planning, registration, scheduling, promotion, assessment, and evaluation.
- Facilitate a diverse array of sport leagues, events and programs that cultivate inclusion and provide a fun and safe environment.
- Recruit, hire, schedule, supervise and evaluate part-time student staff.
- Coordinate staff trainings to enhance transferrable professional skills of student employees and improve delivery of programs.
- Oversee risk management strategies, address customer concerns, participant behavior, and conduct issues.
- Assist with program outreach efforts and collaborations with campus colleagues to promote offerings to the GVSU community.
- Manage and maintain online systems for program administration.
- Assist with management of the program budget and equipment inventory.
- Provide support for Recreation & Wellness and Division of Student Affairs events and programs as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope, responsibility, and requirements of the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in recreational sports programming
- Ability to work routine nights and weekends as training and programs require
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master's degree in Recreation, Sports Management, Higher Education, or related field
- Prior Intramural sports programming experience at a college or university
- Experience preparing and leading educational presentations and trainings
- Experience with adaptive and inclusive recreation programming
- Active sports official at the high school level or above
- Current American Red Cross First Aid & CPR Instructor certification
- Experience in personnel management and implementing a student development model
Department/Division: Student Affairs
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, please call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: The review process will begin March 29. The posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
Grand Valley State University has a COVID-19 Vaccine policy that requires all faculty, staff and students to be vaccinated. New hires will be expected to adhere to the policy unless they are eligible for allowable exemptions or postponement. We will require proper documentation upon hire. Up-to-date information can be found on our Lakers Together website.
The University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, consistent with its obligations as a federal contractor. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. It is committed to protecting the constitutional and statutory civil rights of persons connected with the University. Members of the University community, including students, employees, faculty, staff, administrators, Board members, consultants, vendors, others engaged to do business with the University, candidates for employment or admissions, and visitors or guests have the right to be free from acts of harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct, as defined by this policy. In accordance with applicable federal and state law and this policy, acts of discrimination or harassment by members of the campus community are prohibited if they discriminate or harass on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, veteran or active duty military status or weight. This includes inappropriate limitation of, access to, or participation in educational, employment, athletic, social, cultural, or other university programs and activities. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limitations are lawful if they are: directly related to a legitimate university purpose, required by law, or lawfully required by a grant or contract between the university and the state or federal government. For the purposes of this policy, sex-/gender-based harassment includes sexual misconduct, sexual assault, interpersonal or relationship violence, and stalking. See www.gvsu.edu/affirmative. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendment Act (2008), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other applicable federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. GVSU will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.