Post-Doctoral Therapists (Onsite; 8/7/2023 to 5/17/2024)
- The Claremont Colleges Services
- Claremont, CA
- $5,332.00 per month
ABOUT THE POSITION
Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS) of The Claremont Colleges Services is seeking two highly skilled clinicians for full-time, temporary, post-doctoral therapist positions for the 2023-24 academic year starting August 7, 2023 and working through May 17, 2024.
We are a dynamic and talented staff, passionate about the services we provide to a diverse population of college students in the beautiful city of Claremont, California. Our post-doctoral therapists are provided individual supervision, social justice, and clinical training seminars, group case conferences, and intake disposition team meetings.
Post-doctoral therapists have general responsibility for the following duties:
- Providing individual, couple, and group counseling (direct clinical service makes up approximately 65% of total time);
- Conducting crisis assessment and intervention;
- Delivering psychoeducational outreach programs;
- Assisting students in their personal and educational goals;
- Providing training/consultation with faculty and staff of the Colleges; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additionally, depending on the post-doctoral therapist’s areas of interest and training goals, it is possible they may gain additional specialty training in areas such as: crisis intervention and response, violence risk assessment, groups/outreaches, trauma, as well as liaising with cultural identity offices and communities.
Work Schedule: The regular hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday from August 7, 2023 through May 17, 2024 You may be required to work holiday, weekend, and/or evening hours. Regular hours may vary due to the needs of the organization or business unit.
Vaccination: TCCS requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. New employees are required to present evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
Education: You must have completed a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology by no later than August 5, 2023.
Experience: Previous experience in a college/university counseling center.
You must have:
- The ability to assess, diagnose, and implement interventions for depression, anxiety, alcohol/drug abuse, and developmental issues.
- Proven knowledge in clinical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
- A demonstrated ability to manage the fluctuation of a caseload and maintain appropriate records in a timely manner.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of individuals that represent cultural, religious, ethnic, and lifestyle diversity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to listen with maturity, sensitivity, and tact.
- The ability to work as a team member within MCAPS and throughout The Claremont Colleges community.
- Understanding of and/or experiences in residential, liberal arts college environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- The ability to use an electronic medical records computer system for client notes and scheduling.
Pay: The monthly salary is $5,332.00 per month.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive employment benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 10% retirement contributions (no matching required), tuition benefits for employees and their dependents, group life insurance, generous time off, LinkedIn Learning, and access to fitness facilities and classes. For more information about our full range of generous benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
Open until filled. Only qualified applicants please. Complete your online application through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload to complete your application:
- (1) Resume: Include relevant experience with dates and other qualifications.
- (2) Cover Letter: Briefly, describe how this position fits into your career plans.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation: Please upload your three letters to your online application in the same section where you upload your cover letter. For your convenience, you can also send your letters of recommendation (only) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE CLAREMONT COLLEGES
The Claremont Colleges is a consortium of seven private, independent, liberal arts colleges and universities serving a highly selective student body (Claremont Graduate University, Claremont McKenna College, Harvey Mudd College, Keck Graduate Institute, Pitzer College, Pomona College, and Scripps College). The post-doctoral program exists within a multicultural community that contains people of diverse racial, ethnic, and class backgrounds; national origins; religious, spiritual, and political beliefs; physical abilities; ages; genders; gender identities, sexual orientations, and physical appearance.
More search results
Coordinator for Student Diversity Recruitment & R…
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Executive Director of Professional Education and …
Dean of the Mitchell College of Business
University of South Alabama
Vice Chancellor for Strategic Communication
University of Wisconsin-Madison