School of Law Dean Search
- University of Missouri
- Columbia, Missouri
University of Missouri
School of Law Dean Search
The University of Missouri seeks an innovative and collaborative leader to serve as Dean of its School of Law. Reporting to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, the Dean serves as the school’s chief executive and academic officer, and will work closely with the school’s faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the broader university leadership to advance academic, financial, and strategic initiatives. This position offers an opportunity to play a defining role in shaping the future of law education at Mizzou.
MU is the flagship university of the four-campus University of Missouri System and one of only 34 public U.S. universities with membership by invitation in the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU). It is the state’s land-grant university and one of the most comprehensive universities in the United States. MU’s broad undergraduate programs and its graduate, professional and research programs attract an annual enrollment of more than 30,000 students. MU is centrally located in Columbia, Missouri, a place consistently ranked as one of America’s most livable cities.
- Provide a clear vision that articulates how this group will grow capabilities, achieve critical ends, and be positioned for future success
- Strengthen the school’s reputation through strategic growth and faculty support
- Lead growth and excellence across all programs and enrollment, strengthening the student experience.
- Advocate for and enhance inclusion and diversity in this School and across the University
- Elevate fundraising and generate new revenue streams to enhance the quality of the school and expand student scholarship opportunities
- Exemplify Unwavering Integrity in both Fiscal and People Management
- Enhance interdisciplinary collaborations across the University
The University anticipates this appointment will be made in the Summer of 2023. Confidential applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration, applicant material should be provided by March 15, 2023. Candidates should include a cover letter outlining leadership qualifications that address the priorities described above as well as a detailed curriculum vitae.
The full position profile is available online: https://umurl.us/mulawdeanprofile
Nominations, applications, and inquiries of interest may be sent in confidence to the University’s executive search partner:
Patrick Arens, Lead HR Consultant
University of Missouri System
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive community of faculty, staff, and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal of collaboration and inclusion, and value the many unique qualities and experiences a diverse environment offers. The University will recruit and employ qualified personnel and will provide equal opportunities during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.