Associate Vice President for Facilities/Chief Facilities Officer
- Florida State University
- Tallahassee, FL
Florida State University seeks a highly motivated leader with exceptional strategic, operational, and interpersonal skills and broad expertise to lead the facilities function as Associate Vice President/Chief Facilities Officer.
The AVP for Facilities/Chief Facilities Officer (AVP) is a key leader in stewarding these resources and helping the University meet its vision of teaching, learning, research, and service. The AVP is responsible for overseeing all planning and capital management activities, and for day-to-day facilities and utilities management across all campuses. Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration, Kyle Clark, the AVP is responsible for guiding FSU’s facilities, campus master planning, and assisting in the planning, development, and managing Division of Finance and Administration programs and policies through oversight of Facilities Operations, Planning, and Construction. The Facilities department employs nearly 700 staff who manage over 1,600 acres that include more than 8.1 million square feet of educational and general (E&G) university space, approximately 14.5 million total gross square feet (E&G and non-E&G space), and 400+ buildings.
The AVP will oversee an office that provides master planning, design and construction management support, sustainability expertise, innovative partnering expertise, and other facilities related expertise to FSU.
The AVP is responsible for an annual operating budget of $139M and an average annual capital budget of $290M. With over $1B in capital projects planned in the coming years, the AVP is poised to be a key leader in growing and maintaining the physical plant of FSU’s academic, research and innovation, and clinical enterprises.
For a full description of the role, please see here.
Specific qualifications include:
- A Master’s degree and seven years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and nine years of experience;
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience at the Director level or above in a large, complex organization;
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple, complex projects;
- Extensive knowledge of capital planning, financial planning, land-use planning, and master planning;
- Experience in building operations and sustainability;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building abilities, outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Problem solving skills to reach efficient and effective solutions in a collaborative manner;
- The ability to lead major activities in a collaborative manner with a wide range of internal and external constituencies;
- The ability to represent and advocate FSU’s needs to the Board of Trustees, state legislature, and other policymaking agencies.
Florida State University has retained Opus Partners to support the recruitment of this position. Katie Dean, Associate Partner; and Chris Stadler, Associate, are leading the search. Applications, and nominations should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a cover letter and resume that should address the candidate’s experience related to the responsibilities and qualifications outlined in the position description.
Florida State University (University) is an equal opportunity employer and educational provider committed to a policy ofnon-discrimination for any member of the University'scommunity on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veterans' status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected group status. This policy applies to faculty, staff, students, visitors, applicants, and contractors in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, orders, and University policies, procedures, and processes. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed by clicking here.
FSU conducts pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check and completion of the University's onboarding process.