Assistant Director of Development Annual Giving
- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
Job ID:5558 - Unclassified - FT (Salary)
The Assistant Director of Development, Annual Giving will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal engagement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to securing philanthropic and volunteer support for the university’s Annual Fund.
- Perform daily development office operations, including identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni and friends of Miami University for gifts in support of the Annual Fund. Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events.
- In coordination with Senior Director of Annual Giving, manage Miami’s relationship with phone solicitation vendor, including collaborating on scheduling and segmentation of annual appeals. Track and analyze results, providing regular updates to the Senior Director and others.
- Research, gather, and analyze data that will help increase annual revenues.
- Work collaboratively with the Annual Giving office and other areas critical to the overall success of the Development office.
- Serve as liaison to select university divisions.
- Participate in planning meetings, accepting special assignments, assisting colleagues and providing support for all ongoing programs and operations as needed.
- Oversee solicitation efforts for the Red & White Club (including phone, mail and online solicitations).
- Assist with the coordination of interns pertaining to donor-based seating, parking, loyalty points program, and other special projects.
- Assist with successful execution of Red & White Club events
- Manage Red & White Club social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Bachelor's Degree. Minimum 1-3 years of professional experience, an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered (internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of a degree program may be counted towards these requirements). Exhibit outstanding customer service, including strong organizational, written, and verbal skills. Must be able to adhere to NCAA, conference, and institutional policies and procedures.
Master's Degree. Previous athletic development, annual giving, or marketing experience. Athletic ticketing and/or donor database management (i.e. NeuLion, Paciolan, Banner, etc.).
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
Director for College and Career Advising
University of Oregon, Office of Academic Advising
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, PROVOST, AND DEAN OF TH…
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS MEDICAL BRANCH
Associate Vice President, Strategic Planning and …
Anne Arundel Community College
Horticulture Outreach Program Manager
University of Wisconsin-Extension
Assistant Professor - Nuclear Engineering
University of Massachusetts Lowell