Director Editorial and Creative Services
- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
Job ID:5556 - Unclassified - FT (Salary)
The Director of Editorial and Creative Services of University Advancement is responsible for the development and implementation of support materials and services in the area of marketing and communications for the University Advancement (UA) division. Directs the efforts of the editorial and design staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the department.
- Lead a team of highly experienced writers, editors, and graphic designers to leverage UA’s key points of differences and reasons to believe while ensuring consistency across all channels and adherence to core messaging, brand voice, style, and tone guidelines.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of comprehensive marketing and communications programs that will enhance UA’s image, meet stated objectives and advance our position with Alumni, donors and overall marketplace, and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Act as the creative liaison with project teams, with the responsibility for aligning creative/messaging strategies and communicating all aspects of the editorial and creative needs.
- Efficiently manage the day-to-day creative workflow of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Help foster creativity and innovation in UA’s communications, harnessing new media and new approaches to tell UA’s story.
- Drive effective processes to foster internal collaboration and enhance efficiency.
- Use data to create metrics and use that information to drive improvement.
- Leads special projects as assigned, such as branding projects, capital campaign communications plan, etc
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of progressively responsible editorial and creative experience with a consistent increase in responsibility including leadership, management and supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Innovative, strategic, editorial, writing, and storytelling experience across all channels.
- Familiarity with AP and Chicago style conventions, excellent spelling and grammar skill.
- Experience designing and developing strategic content in all forms including marketing copy, long form articles, emails, web content, video scripts, speeches, and reports.
- Demonstrated experience effectively supervising creative staff, freelancers, and leading teams.
- Experience managing a large and consistently shifting workload.
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for managing relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated creativity and effective communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and organizational skills.
- New Position Authorization Form - Staff
- Strong project/time management and multitasking abilities.
- Creative problem-solving ability and excellent analytical skill
- 6-8 years of progressively responsible editorial experience with a consistent increase in responsibility including leadership, management and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in Higher Education
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
More search results
VICE CHANCELLOR FOR ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT AND STU…
Purdue University Northwest
Director of Marketing
Princeton University Press
MNO Visiting Professor #53824
Southern Methodist University
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Finance
Michigan State University
Assistant Instructor / Instructor
Michigan State University