Assistant Director of Technology Support
- Academic Search, Inc.
- Washington, DC
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT
Academic Search, Inc. is accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Technology Support. This is a full-time, junior position and is available immediately. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Assistant Director of Technology Support is a full-time employee of the firm, and reports directly to the Director of Technology and Research Services. This position will provide support with database maintenance; working with the associate consultants and senior consultants using databases and other means to build a comprehensive list of potential candidates and nominators for the initial solicitation of applications. Other work assignments are directed by the Director of Technology and Research Services, including assembling proposals and client presentations for delivery, client gifts, mass mailings, etc. The Vice President and Chief Operating Officer is ultimately responsible for evaluation and employment decisions in consultation with the President. The highest ethical standards are paramount and attention to detail is critical.
In addition to understanding the mission, culture, and work of Academic Search, the Assistant Director of Technology Support should possess, at a minimum:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience with database maintenance
- Work experience at a college, university or higher education related organization is strongly preferred including an understanding of higher education
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Significant computer skills including a strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to represent the firm in a variety of settings with presence, eloquence, and warmth
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Adeptness as working with different personalities and the quirks of a distributed work team that interacts with various campus communities
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Proactive in critical thinking
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work as needed to complete projects
- Ability to adapt to new technology systems
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
ACADEMIC SEARCH, INC.
From its beginning in 1976, Academic Search had the ambitious goal of providing colleges and universities with highly professional, individually focused search services modeled on best practices in other sectors which, at the time, was a new concept in higher education. Academic Search has written the book on how to recruit the best and brightest academic leaders through a process that fosters a successful appointment.
Academic Search is the wholly owned subsidiary of the American Academic Leadership Institute (AALI), a not-for-profit organization that provides leadership identification, development, and support programs to academic leaders in various administrative positions across all sectors of higher education.
Additional information about Academic Search can be found at www.academic-search.com.
While the position will remain open until filled, only applications received by May 4, 2018, can be assured full consideration.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter that describes your interest in joining Academic Search, Inc. detailing how you meet the basic qualifications and professional skills required.
- Complete curriculum vitae or resume
- Names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references. No references will be contacted without explicit permission of the candidate.
Applications can be submitted electronically, and in confidence, to Shawn Hartman at AsstDirector@academic-search.com.
Academic Search, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, physical disabilities, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
More search results
Business Systems Project Manager
University of California, Santa Barbara
DIRECTOR - RESIDENTIAL AND HOSPITALITY SERVICES
Lecturer in Physics/Astronomy at Texas Christian …
Texas Christian University
DEAN, VIRGINIA TECH CARILION SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Associate Vice President and Chief Information Of…
Florida State University