Academic Assessment Manager
- CUNY School of Professional Studies
- New York City
Academic Assessment Manager
Job ID 26266
Location School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time Full-Time
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked #10 in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2022 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, the Academic Assessment Manager's responsibilities, in addition to those in the CUNY Title Overview, will include but are not limited to:
Develop/refine assessment plans: academic program goals, learning outcomes, learning activities, assessment methods, metrics, and curricular maps.
- Serve as a content area expert on assessment tools and methods appropriate to online programs.
- Develop and deploy assessment workflows, processes and schedules.
- Guide academic programs through the assessment cycle, including backward design, outcomes assessment, analyzing results, and using assessment findings to inform curricular change, including assessing for equity.
- Provide support and professional development to build internal capacity and foster a culture of continuous improvement in a collaborative manner.
- Create and implement a formal Periodic Program Review process for academic programs. Generate assessment activity reports for school leadership.
- Build and/or maintain an accessible site to document assessment reports and house artifacts.
- Maintain an evidence repository for accreditation reports and assist with coordination of regional (Middle States) and programmatic accreditation and compliance processes.
- Participate in assessment-related professional organizations and serve on the CUNY Assessment Council.
- Until further notice, work will be performed in a hybrid manner with 70% onsite presence.
- As of April 1, 2022, employees in select titles must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless granted a religion accommodation or a medical exemption.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with academic assessment in an online environment including developing program goals, student learning outcomes, and curricular maps.
- Knowledge of direct and indirect learning outcomes assessment methodologies, including competency-based learning.
- Demonstrated ability to use assessment results to support data-informed improvements to academic programs.
- Proficiency in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and data visualization
- xperience supporting higher education accreditation processes.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft applications, particularly Word, Excel, Sharepoint, and Teams.
- xperience using reporting, assessment and evaluation software, including ePortfolio for assessment.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages College activities related to assessment planning to achieve excellence in student learning outcomes through systemic course and program assessment.
- Advises department personnel in developing assessable course and program goals, learning outcomes, and assessment measures.
- Designs, conducts, and reports on assessment activities.
- Analyzes and reports on activities, results, and recommendations, and plans future goals and targets; coordinates reporting with College management and external organizations
- Collaborates with faculty on issues related to assessment for teaching and learning initiatives, including grant proposals and reports
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Assessment Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $93,491 - $107,789 commensurate with education and experience. CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
MPORTANT NOTICE: Health Plan Coverage for Employees Hired on or after October 1, 2022 City of New York employees and employees of Participating Employers and their eligible dependents hired on or after October 1, 2022 will only be eligible to enroll in the EmblemHealth HIP HMO Preferred Plan and must remain in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan for the first year (365 days) of employment.
After 365 days of employment, the employee will have the option of either remaining in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan or selecting a different health plan within 30 days before the end of the 365th day period.
If a new health plan is selected, the new plan will be effective on the 366th day.
Only after the 365th day can the employee participate in any Annual Fall Transfer Period. An employee who needs to request an exemption from the required enrollment in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan can do so by submitting a HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form to EmblemHealth. An employee, or eligible dependent, must meet certain criteria and the request must be approved by EmblemHealth before the exemption is granted. The HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form and HIP service area are available on the EmblemHealth website.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit CUNY.JOBS and search for this vacancy using Job ID # 26266 or Title. From our job posting system, select "Apply Now”, create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information.
• Applicants must attach a resume and cover letter.
• Applicants from Job ID# 25028 need not apply
February 7, 2023
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Associate Chair of Performing Arts
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design
Thomas Family Distinguished Professorship of Entr…
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
Vice President for Finance and Administration
Delaware Valley University
Associate Provost for International Initiatives
Georgia State University
Professor of Advertising & Branding
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design