Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management
Central Connecticut State University (CCSU) announces the search for its first Associate Vice President (AVP) of Enrollment Management and invites expressions of interest, nominations and applications. The AVP reports directly to the president and serves on the President’s Cabinet. As the chief enrollment officer, the AVP provides leadership in all enrollment management matters and works collaboratively with the directors, faculty, staff, and administration to further the University’s mission and vision. The AVP will supervise the following four departments: (1) Undergraduate Admissions; (2) Graduate Admissions; (3) Financial Aid; and (4) Transfer and Academic Articulation.
Qualifications: The successful candidate is expected to have a record of collaborative decision-making, a high standard of professional integrity, a strong sense of professional ethics, and a creative and analytical approach. The position demands both inspirational leadership and a thorough understanding of best practices in enrollment management. The new AVP must operate in both a high tech and personal touch environment with a strong student-centered philosophy.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Six or more years of higher level enrollment management leadership experience at the director or dean level, with an outstanding record of enrollment management leadership, e.g., admissions, financial aid, student retention programs; transfer, and marketing
- Demonstrated ability to effectively address the needs of and communicate with low-income, first-generation, ethnic minority, and non-traditional students; and long-standing commitment to diversity
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of an array of software packages and other technologies used to effectively and efficiently deliver and manage student enrollment
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical and predictive analysis
- Extensive knowledge of the interfaces between academic programs and student service programs
- Demonstrated experience developing strategies and/or programs for advancing students toward their academic and professional goals
- Record of positive, collaborative leadership and decision-making
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage employees and complex organizations in an environment that values teamwork and professional development
- Experience with planning, budgeting, and fiscal management in a complex organization
- Experience in employee recruitment, retention, and promotion decisions; and the ability to recruit and retain a diverse staff
- Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience with predictive analysis
- Experience working in a unionized, public institution of higher education
- Experience in two or more enrollment management areas: undergraduate admissions; graduate admissions, financial aid, transfer and academic articulation; retention programs; or marketing
- Commitment to building and maintaining relationships with community colleges
Application & Appointment: For full consideration, applications must be received by May 15, 2018. Salary is commensurate with education and experience; salary range is $101,000 to $162,000. To begin the application process, applicants must go to www.ccsu.edu/jobs.
CCSU is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and educator.
More search results
DEAN, COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS & SCIENCES
University of Iowa
Dean of the UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music
University of California, Los Angeles
Instructor in Accounting
Texas Christian University
Instructor/Visiting Assistant Professor
Associate Director of Gift Planning
University of North Carolina