Classroom Support Technician - Fairfax
- George Mason University
- Fairfax, VA
Classroom Support Technician - Fairfax
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) – located on the Fairfax, Va., campus—invites applications for a Classroom Support Technician position within the Learning Support Services (LSS), Classroom Support-Fairfax team to provide front-line support in classrooms, labs, and other supported facilities. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Classroom Support Technician will work with an enthusiastic support team to ensure that all aspects of supported classrooms, labs, and other spaces are installed, maintained, and functioning at an optimal level. The position will support, install, maintain and troubleshoot fixed mount and portable audio-visual equipment and control systems in a fast-paced, multiple building environment. The position will also support operational duties such as closing down and securing facilities, conducting inventory and access control, training of staff and clients, and other departmental projects.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience relevant to the audio visual field;
- Demonstrated proficiency in successfully and efficiently supporting classroom or equivalent systems;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of analog and digital components including projection systems, transports, switchers, control systems, portable devices, and remote support tools;
- Demonstrated proficiency troubleshooting computing issues including sound, video, EDID and IP tables, software and hardware configurations;
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot equipment and systems in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities that includes multiple sites/locations;
- Experience working in a team environment to complete complex assignments with tight deadlines;
- Experience tracing and documenting signal flow;
- Demonstrated command of written and oral communication;
- Extensive customer service skills, including resolving client issues, escalating issues as needed and communicating progress to customers;
- Experience using automated ticketing system for incident reporting, tracking, escalation, and closing incident tickets;
- Demonstrated work experience in a support, help desk, or similar role directly supporting the technical needs of clients;
- Ability to safely and independently lift up to 50 lbs.; and
- Ability to safely and independently climb a ladder up to 10 feet.
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience reading rack elevation, block, and signal flow diagrams for complex integrated audiovisual systems;
- Experience installing and upgrading complex digital integrated audiovisual systems;
- Experience supporting, troubleshooting, and configuring network switchers and other digital and computing technologies;
- Experience supporting Crestron systems and using RoomView remote tools;
- Vendor or industry association certification in audio-visual technologies; and
- Demonstrated work experience in a support, help desk, or similar role directly supporting the technical needs of clients.
2:30 p.m.-11:00 p.m.-Monday-Friday
Salary is up to $42,500; commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 01762z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
More search results
Dean, College of Engineering, Informatics, and Ap…
Northern Arizona University
VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
University of Louisiana at Monroe
Vice President for Institutional Equity/Chief Div…
College of St. Scholastica
Dean of the College of Natural, Behavioral, and H…