Vice President for Student Engagement and Enrollment Services
- Old Dominion University
- Norfolk, VA
Vice President for Student Engagement and Enrollment Services
Old Dominion University (ODU), located in Norfolk, is the Commonwealth of Virginia's forward-focused public doctoral research university with approximately 24,000 students, rigorous academics, an energetic residential community, and bold initiatives that contribute $2.6 billion annually to the Commonwealth’s economy. With the intersection of Old Dominion’s storied history and promising future, the University invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for Student Engagement and Enrollment Services.
The Vice President for Student Engagement and Enrollment Services serves as a member of ODU’s senior leadership team, specifically the President’s Cabinet and Leadership Council, and reports directly to President Brian O. Hemphill, Ph.D., who became the University’s ninth president in the summer of 2021. The Vice President supervises a staff of approximately 300 employees across the areas of Admissions; Career Development Services; Center for Major Exploration/Mane Connect Success Coaching; Center for Social Mobility; Counseling Services; Dean of Students Office; Educational Accessibility; Financial Aid; Housing and Residence Life; Intercultural Relations; Military Connection Center; Student Engagement and Traditions; Recreation and Wellness; Registrar; Student Conduct and Academic Integrity; Student Health Services; Student Transition and Family Programs; and Women and Gender Equity Center.
In consultation and collaboration with ODU stakeholders and in alignment with the institution's mission and strategic plan, the Vice President will design, implement, and monitor enrollment targets, recruitment objectives, tactics, and strategies to advance and enhance the institution's student engagement and enrollment services enterprise with a strategic enrollment plan to be developed and implemented by the Vice President and his/her team. The Vice President must identify and focus on student engagement and enrollment services programs and initiatives that support, embrace, and enhance the diversity and success of the ODU student body, including robust plans and strategy to significantly improve the University’s student success measures, especially retention and graduation rates. The Vice President serves as an advocate for student needs and concerns to administrative and policymaking units throughout the University. To learn more about the Division of Student Engagement and Enrollment Services, visit https://ww1.odu.edu/sees. For additional information about the position, including a full profile, visit https://greenwoodsearch.com/current-opportunities/.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications:
- A graduate degree in any closely related field;
- Proven ability to facilitate change and build cooperative networks;
- Substantial progressive, executive, and managerial experience in a student engagement and enrollment services administration;
- Prior leadership of academic and developmental program integration in a residential setting;
- Proven record of developing and implementing a comprehensive enrollment plan;
- Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence and student success;
- Working knowledge of assessment methodologies and data-driven decision-making;
- Strong capability to set strategic direction and manage budgets and resources;
- Demonstrated commitment to public higher education and shared governance in a university setting;
- Proven ability to set clear goals and build a coherent entrepreneurial organizational culture;
- Demonstrated administrative and interpersonal communication skills;
- Clear commitment to global citizenship, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Robust ability to effectively represent ODU at local, state, regional, and national levels.
In addition to the above referenced qualifications, the following are strongly preferred:
- A terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- Experience at a large, complex research university;
- Record of scholarly activities and on-going professional development; and
- Evidence of leadership and engagement in national student affairs and/or enrollment organizations.
How to Apply
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC. is assisting Old Dominion University in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. For a full application package, please submit a cover letter, CV, and list of five references. Confidential inquiries, nominations and application materials should be directed to Greenwood/Asher & Associates. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
Please direct inquiries, nominations, and application materials to:
Betty Turner Asher, Co-Founder, Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC.
and Vice President & Managing Partner, Kelly
Tracey Weldon, Vice President of Executive Search, Greenwood/Asher and Associates, LLC.
Lois Stetson, Senior Executive Search Consultant, Greenwood/Asher and Associates, LLC.
For more information about Old Dominion University, please visit www.odu.edu.
It is the policy of Old Dominion University to provide equal employment, educational and social opportunities for all persons, without regard to race (or traits historically associated with race including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation or genetic information. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Wayne State University – Assistant Professor, Ele…
Wayne State University College of Engineering
Harold Tanner Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
Dean, University of Pittsburgh Swanson School of …
University of Pittsburgh
Associate Vice President, Culture and Belonging
Kent State University
Dean, College of Engineering
University of Illinois Chicago