Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Charlottesville, VA
Piedmont Virginia Community College (PVCC) invites nominations and applications for the position of Vice President of Finance and Administration. Reporting to the president, the Vice President of Finance and Administration (VPFA) is a member of the president’s cabinet and serves as the college’s leader on all matters related to finance, budgeting, facilities, and public safety.
Piedmont Virginia Community College, established in 1972, is celebrating 50 years of excellence and impact. PVCC is a comprehensive community college committed to access, opportunity, and excellence for learners who plan a certificate or degree to enter the workforce upon graduation, to transfer with junior status to a four-year university, or to reskill to remain current in their present role. We are one of twenty-three community colleges that comprise the Virginia Community College System.
The successful candidate must possess a master’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field from an accredited college or university; at least five years of progressive administrative experience in leading effective finance operations in a large, complex organization with a significant budget and payroll.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Previous successful experience in leading finance/budget operations in public higher education.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Knowledge of effective budget and resource forecasting, planning, and execution within a large, complex organization.
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures, and regulations at the institutional, state, federal, and accreditation-level that impact postsecondary education.
- Knowledge of higher education principles of shared governance.
- Skilled in forming effective partnerships and collaborations across diverse stakeholders.
- Skilled in interpersonal communication and conflict resolution.
- Skilled in leading, developing, and managing personnel.
- Skilled in managing projects and processes from idea through execution and evaluation.
- Ability to synthesize and present data to varied audiences.
- Ability to analyze and make sound, informed, and well-considered recommendations on complex issues.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on individual student and personnel matters.
- Ability to maintain and meet deadlines and deliver high quality work product when managing multiple projects.
To view the full profile description click here
How to Apply
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC is assisting Piedmont Virginia Community College in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. For a full application package, please submit a cover letter, CV, list of five references. Confidential inquiries, nominations and application materials should be directed to Greenwood/Asher & Associates. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
Please direct inquiries, nominations, and application materials to:
Jeremy Duff, Vice President, and Search Manager
Itza Walters, Senior Executive Search Consultant
For more information about PVCC, please visit www.pvcc.edu.
Piedmont Virginia Community College is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We value and support the diversity of our students, faculty, and staff. We seek to promote an understanding and appreciation of differences by creating an inclusive environment embracing individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and aspirations.
More search results
Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
International University of Grand-Bassam
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (…
St. Bonaventure University
Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs
California State University, Los Angeles
Vice President of Enrollment
Ohio Wesleyan University
Chief Human Resources Officer
University of New Mexico