Outstanding Division Director Opportunity - Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
Outstanding Division Director Appointment of Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital / CCOM
US News and World Reports 50th Ranked
On behalf of Dr. Alexander Bassuk, Chair of Pediatrics and Physician-in-Chief at University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital, CareerPhysician, LLC, a national leader in academic pediatric executive search, has initiated a national search to identify transformational leadership candidates for the role of Division Director of Pediatric Pulmonology. The new leader will be charged with the creation and implementation of a strategic plan that will guide the division into the future. With an established commitment to clinical and academic missions and an established resource package, we believe this to be among the best legacy leadership roles in Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine.
The named Director will benefit from the support of a funded Endowed Chair and have the responsibility to advance the regional and national reputation of the Pulmonology by leveraging the relationships with regional partners to seize the opportunity for clinical expansion of the pulmonary care for aerodigestive and chronic lung disease patients while growing pediatric pulmonology outreach throughout the state and region. The named Director will impact research endeavors by fostering a division committed to mentoring young careers and collaborative approach and enhancing all facets of research through the recruitment of faculty with interests in basic and translational science and sleep medicine.
The department of pediatrics, in conjunction with University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (“UIHC”)/Carver College of Medicine (“CCOM”), seeks to recruit a director who can continue to further this institution’s tremendous and nationally recognized achievements in research, while simultaneously elevating the division’s clinical service infrastructure to seize the opportunity for national prominence in each aspect of the academic missions.
- The nationally ranked pulmonary division is home to 8 physician faculty, an accredited cystic fibrosis care center, and a world-renowned research center. The departmental vision for pediatric pulmonology is to continue to provide excellent pediatric pulmonology services to patients while remaining on the cutting edge of care and advancement through both clinical and bench research.
- Stead Family Children’s is rich in physician-scientist culture and research facilities. The pulmonary division’s research infrastructure is supported through its association with the UI Lung Biology and CF Research Center, with the goal to advance fundamental knowledge related to the causes and treatment of disease. The division successfully participates in clinical trials research and has established infrastructure to foster this focus
- The selected leader can expect unwavering fiscal and resource support to create a vision and implement a strategy focused on advancing care for children while expanding clinical and basic science research to improve the quality of care for children throughout the region.
- The pulmonary division is home to a long-standing fellowship program, which began in 1976. Thirty-five (35) trainees have completed the program with four (4) former fellows being part of the division. The program is ACGME accredited for one (1) new fellow per year.
- Academic promotion occurs through the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and an Associate Professor rank or above is preferred. In addition, the ideal leader will possess experience in successful research and have had success in quality, outcomes, and access initiatives.
- The department and hospital are committed to providing the selected leader a highly competitive compensation and benefits package which will factor in faculty rank, prior experience, and research contribution.
Rich in intellectual and cultural diversity, Iowa City is home to the University of Iowa, a beacon for excellence in the Big 10. The Iowa City area is home to 171,000 residents and boasts of wonderful parks, farmers markets, Coralville Lake, and Lake Macbride State Park, capturing the best qualities of living in a micropolitan community in the Midwest. The cost of living is Iowa City is 12.8 percent below the national average, with an unemployment rate less than 4 percent and population growth of 10 percent since 2020. Iowa City has been recognized by Forbes as the second best micropolitan city to do business in the U.S. and has been recognized for progressiveness, strong safe community and an assortment of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues in a lively downtown that sits on the Iowa River.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Mark Lozano at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 469-553-9311. All inquiries will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital is an AA/EOE/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
More search results
Open Rank Faculty Position in Nature-based Climat…
Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability
Dean of the Neeley School of Business
Texas Christian University
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
George Mason University
Associate Dean for Academic Engagement
Carnegie Mellon University
Executive Director of Marketing