Outstanding Division Director Opportunity - Pediatric Cardiology
Outstanding Division Director Appointment of Pediatric Cardiology
University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital / CCOM
On behalf of Dr. Alexander Bassuk, Chair of Pediatrics and Physician-in-Chief at University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital, CareerPhysician, LLC, the national leader in academic pediatric executive search, has initiated a national search to identify transformational leadership candidates for the role of Division Director of Pediatric Cardiology. The new leader will be charged with the creation and implementation of a strategic plan that will guide the division into the future. With an established commitment to clinical and academic missions and an established resource package, we believe the role to be among the best legacy leadership roles available in Pediatric Cardiology.
The named Director will benefit from the support of a funded Endowed Chair and have the responsibility to advance the regional and national reputation of the Cardiology program by leveraging the collaborations with cardiac surgery and with the neonatology division by optimizing the care of children with congenital and acquired cardiac disease as well as expanding care for the adult congenital heart disease population. The new leader will be tasked to increase interventional referrals and to capture the majority of surgical cases in the region.
The department of pediatrics, in conjunction with University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (“UIHC”)/Carver College of Medicine (“CCOM”), seeks to recruit a director who will further this institution’s nationally recognized achievements in research, while simultaneously elevating the division’s clinical service infrastructure to seize the opportunity for national prominence in each aspect of the academic missions.
- Top objectives for the named Director are to: increase outreach presence and collaboration with referring cardiologists, increase cardiac anesthesia faculty and staff, recruit basic science researchers, and establish a stronger pediatric cardiology presence in the region.
- In the past 10 years the Cardiology Division has increased the depth of the imaging, interventional, adult congenital heart disease (ACHD), transplant, and electrophysiology programs. Likewise, the PCICU has improved the surgical outcomes to be one of the best programs in the region and outreach clinics have also been dramatically improved through local collaboratives.
- Clinical research within the division continues to increase with over 85 publications in the last year and a virtual reality program has created. Departmental support of the VR program’s infrastructure provides ample opportunity continued expansion and growth to increase access.
- The cardiology division houses an ACGME accredited fellowship program with two fellows each year.
- Academic promotion occurs through the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and an Associate Professor rank or above is preferred. In addition, the ideal leader will possess experience in successful research and have had success in quality, outcomes, and access initiatives.
- The department and hospital are committed to providing the selected leader a highly competitive compensation and benefits package which will factor in faculty rank, prior experience, and research contribution.
Rich in intellectual and cultural diversity, Iowa City is home to the University of Iowa, a beacon for excellence in the Big 10. Iowa City is home to 171,000 residents and boasts of wonderful parks, farmers markets, Coralville Lake, and Lake Macbride State Park, capturing the best qualities of living in a micropolitan community in the Midwest. The cost of living in Iowa City is 12.8 percent below the national average, with an unemployment rate less than 4 percent and population growth of 10 percent since 2020. Iowa City has been recognized by Forbes as the second best micropolitan city to do business in the U.S. and has been recognized for progressiveness, strong safe community and an assortment of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues in a lively downtown that sits on the Iowa River.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Mark Lozano at email@example.com, or at 469-553-9311. All inquiries will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital is an AA/EOE/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
More search results
President of American River College
American River College
Assistant/Associate Professor, Sports Media and C…
University of Rhode Island
Open Rank Career-Line Lecturer in Accounting
University of Utah - David Eccles Business School
Seeking Professor of Practice in Games and Intera…
Michigan State University
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design