Lecturer on Statistics
- Harvard Statistics Department
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- competitive, with benefits
The Harvard Department of Statistics seeks applications for a Lecturer appointment in any area of statistics. The appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2023. The lecturer will be expected to teach four undergraduate-level courses annually, supervise senior theses, advise students at the undergraduate level, and participate in pedagogical and curricular discussions related to the undergraduate statistics program. The position is for three years, with the second two years contingent on a satisfactory performance review during the first year.
Applications received by February 28, 2023, will be guaranteed consideration.
Basic Qualifications: A doctorate in statistics or a related discipline is required by the time the appointment begins.
Additional Qualifications: Demonstrated strong commitment to teaching is desired.
Please submit the following materials through the ARIES portal, to https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/11978
1. Cover letter (include in the cover letter a description of teaching/advising experience and philosophy, and comments on any efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging.)
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Names and contact information of three to five referees, who will be asked by a system-generated email to upload a letter of recommendation once the candidate’s application has been submitted. Three letters of recommendation are required, and the application is considered complete only when at least three letters have been received.
4. Teaching statement and evidence of teaching excellence
Harvard is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, military service, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or other protected status.