- Goucher College
- Baltimore, Maryland
ABOUT GOUCHER COLLEGE:
Since its founding in 1885, Goucher College has been a place of innovation and excellence. As a private liberal arts college, Goucher is dedicated to teaching students to be complex problem-solvers prepared for the jobs of the future. Small class sizes, a rigorous curriculum, and dedicated faculty and staff allow for personalized mentorship for each student. Named one of the most innovative colleges in the country by U.S. News & World Report, Goucher is a leader in global education and was one of the first colleges in the country to offer 100% study abroad. Approximately 1,100 undergraduate and 900 graduate students form the close-knit and vibrant Goucher community.
The Assistant Registrar will play a key role in developing strategies and best practices related to student records and registration for the Welch Center - Goucher's graduate school with online, in-person, hybrid, and low-residency programs. The Assistant Registrar will ensure the integrity of student data and related reports and analytics.
As a member of the Registrar's Office team, the Assistant Registrar will work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students in the Welch Center, as well as with Information Technology, the Office of Communications, and Student Financial Services to implement and oversee policies and procedures related to matriculation, enrollment, registration, retention, and graduation of graduate students and to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations that govern student records management. The Assistant Registrar will create the class schedule for graduate programs; assign faculty and classrooms; conduct degree audits for students as needed and clear students for graduation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and college policies that govern student records management for all programs in the Welch Center. Create the class schedule for graduate programs; assign faculty and assist in course grading processes. Lead the graduation clearance process for graduate students, including review of student records and degree auditing. Post graduate transfer credit to student transcripts.
- Manage registrations for undergraduate students enrolling in the Baltimore Student Exchange Program (BSEP) and other external programs.
- Assist in assigning classrooms for undergraduate and graduate classes.
- Manage diploma setup, printing and mailing for all Goucher students.
- Coordinate with colleagues in appropriate offices to develop and disseminate reports on student and faculty data, including various education governing bodies -- MSDE, Teacher Staffing, MAAPP and others as required. Prepare reports for outside entities (e.g., Peterson's survey).
- Other duties in the Registrar´s office as deemed necessary.
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Required: 2 years experience with registrar/student systems in a higher education setting. Knowledge of registration processes, FERPA, and standard records management and confidentiality practices. Demonstrated experience analyzing, interpreting, and applying academic policies and procedures.
Preferred: 3 years or more progressive experience with registrar/student systems in a higher education setting.
Salary Range: $41,849 - $59,927
Goucher College is always on the lookout for top talent, resourceful, innovative, and dedicated individuals who will keep the College at the forefront of extraordinary education. As one of the nation's most progressive, innovative institutions of higher learning, we offer outstanding professional advantages, generous benefits, excellent perks, and a great work location!
The review of applications will begin immediately.
Please submit the following application materials online:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
Goucher College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More search results
Open Rank Faculty Position in Nature-based Climat…
Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability
Dean of the Neeley School of Business
Texas Christian University
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
George Mason University
Associate Dean for Academic Engagement
Carnegie Mellon University
Executive Director of Marketing