POSITION: University Housing at Southern Illinois University Carbondale announces an opening for the position of Hall Director. It is a full-time, 12-month, live-in professional position. Southern Illinois University houses roughly 4,400 residents in traditional residence halls, residential towers and apartment style communities. Starting date is July 1, 2018. The position requires the interest in and commitment to working with full-time Residence Life professionals, graduate, administrative, and paraprofessional staff and residential students in a collaborative effort to promote student growth, personal development and academic success.
The Hall Director is responsible for the quality of student life in residential facilities ranging from traditional residence halls to an apartment complex. The Hall Director hires, trains, supervises and evaluates a staff team ranging from 6 - 32 Resident Assistants and/or graduate Assistant Hall Director(s) and potential supervision of a Civil Service staff member. The Hall Director reports to an Assistant/Associate Director of Residence Life. The Hall Director is a member of a dynamic team for Residence Life comprised of Hall Directors, Assistant Hall Directors, Assistant/Associate Directors of Residence Life and a Senior Associate Director of Residence Life.
- Select, train, hire and evaluate graduate Assistant Hall Director(s) and Resident Assistants
- Serve in campus on-call rotation for up to 4,400 residents
- Provide crisis intervention and emergency response
- Serve as a Hearing Office in collaboration with the Student Rights and Responsibilities office to educate residents through judicial conferences on the Student Conduct Code and University Housing Guidebook, regulations, rights and responsibilities to promote student accountability
- Implement Community Development Model
- Track community events and programs and manage programming funds
- Recruit and interview candidates for Residence Life positions
- Potential to collaborate with and serve on departmental and university wide committees
- Assist and promote Living Learning Communities (LLCs) and Faculty University Associate (FUA) programs
- Supervise traditional residence hall front desk (dependent upon area assignment)
- Advise Area Council and manage programming funds
- Co-Supervise Academic Peer Advocates
- Assist in student success initiatives (i.e. Saluki Cares, Counselors in Residence, Counseling Liaisons)
- Manage all administrative functions associated with the position
- Complete duties as deemed important and necessary to the effective building of a residential community
UNIVERSITY HOUSING MISSION STATEMENT:
University Housing exists to provide a high-quality, affordable, living/learning environment that contributes to personal development and academic success.
REQUIREMENTS: Completion of a Master's degree by the time employment begins and minimum one year of pre-professional or professional experience within housing or residence life. Valid driver’s license is required.
This is a security-sensitive position. Before any offer of employment is made, the University will conduct a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a criminal background check and proof of valid driver’s license.
More search results
DEAN, COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS & SCIENCES
University of Iowa
Dean of the UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music
University of California, Los Angeles
Instructor in Accounting
Texas Christian University
Instructor/Visiting Assistant Professor
Associate Director of Gift Planning
University of North Carolina